Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Any of you just……
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Packed your bag got on your mtb and rode of for a week or two?No real planning or destination selected.Any tips,experiences and ideas greatly appreciated.Apes

daftvader
    Free Member

Had a friend, a few years ago who would do that on his road bike… Mostly sleeping under a bivi and finding a b&b or good campsite every couple of days. Pubs for lunch or dinner and noodles the rest. He seemed to enjoy it. Furthest he got in a week out, week back was about 600ish miles. He once had to get a train back from lands end as he’d run out of puff… I lived in North Essex at the time!!!

seadog101

Not quite the same, a friend of mine got his kit together, including girlfriend (his, not mine, may I add), jumped on his 750 Yamaha Trans Alp, with the intention of a trip to Spain. Carried on over to Morroco, didn’t stop until they got to Cape Town!

The only bit they didn’t ride was Central African Republic, because of a war or some other trifiling matter.

allfankledup

A former colleague of my dad went out for a sail one afternoon.

For some reason he was surprised to find himself divorced when he got back a couple of years later.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Tempted

tymbian
    Free Member

I’ll be starting on the 27th. I’ve an uplift booked at BPW on the 28th and am registered for the ‘ardrock Enduro on the W/E of 2/3 Aug. I’ll be in a car with tent though so a little bit the same. I’ve only a few ideas of where I’d like to ride ( Nant yr Arian, Climachx trail, Lee quarry, Ullswater…) between the dates but nothing set in stone.

d45yth
    Free Member

The hardest thing if you haven’t the fitness and/or don’t want to ride all day, is finding something to put the time in when off the bike.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

i’m tempted to do something like this around scotland, but on my road bike, i need a lighter tent though!

maxtorque

I once went to Morrisons on a whim……..

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Is a whim a 26r or one of those 650b contraptions?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Not quite but I did book a flight to Athens with my bike and no real plan of where to go once I got there. Got to the exit of the airport and decided to turn right. Spent about 10 weeks on the Greek mainland and various islands. Pannier broke on the first night and had to be repaired with a combination of spare guy line and cable ties.

My unfulfilled trip is to one day do the same but turn left instead.

mrchrispy

every **** morning riding to work I imagin what it would be like to just keep going.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Good point d45.My fitness is not exactly at Lance Armstring levels.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Any of you just……’ is closed to new replies.