Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any Norco Search owners out there?
  • frogrocket
    Free Member

Got one coming to store reduced on R2W and just wondered what real world experiences were like?

Feel heavy? Sora last ok? Brakes alright in the wet? Wheels up the task for pothole-centric commuting?

Thoughts appreciated.

Cheers

Kamakazie

Got 2 in the house but only since Christmas.
    I got an ex demo Carbon version so can’t really give you impressions of the ALU but I find mine rapid!

The ALU one isn’t heavy either though and I’d say the geometry and ride makes them a fantastic choice for commuting. As with all low end bikes, a wheel upgrade would do wonders.

mauja
    Free Member

I have one but the carbon version, it’s a good all rounder, I’m mainly riding it with road tyres as my winter bike at the moment but it’s also good fun off road with some CX tyres.

frogrocket
    Free Member

Should say its steel rather than ally, but thanks for the replies

MoreCashThanDash

There was a thread on these yesterday I think?

frogrocket
    Free Member

That was probably me trying to resurrect an old (the only?) one.

Thought I’d try a new topic to see if any owners come out into the open and declare it the best purchase they’ve ever made.

steezysix
    Free Member

I’d just repeat what I said on the old thread – I’ve got the previous one (Indie Drop) and don’t think you can go wrong for the money. It’s not the flashiest or lightest bike, but it’s comfy to ride and just keeps on going without any issues.

frogrocket
    Free Member

Cheers for that.

Just missed a steel Search with 105 groupset in my size that went for £470 odd at Evans due to some scratches on the chainstay.

Pretty much exactly what I was after!

Hoping the Sora specced one at £422 (minus about £160 through R2W) is a goer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any Norco Search owners out there?’ is closed to new replies.