Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any Midwives/ Trainee Midwives ?
  • takisawa2

How stressful is this applying for a Midwifery degree mullarkey…
    And its not even me thats applying.
    Wife is seriously stressed out. Two refusals so far. Heck of a lot of applicants for a weeny no of places. Going to be a right bummer if she doesnt get in. She even joked we could bugger off to Oz if she doesnt, so fingers crossed either way… 😉
    Anyone else got a Wife/GF in the same situation…
    You have my sympathy/empathy, whichever it is.

organic355
    Free Member

Stressfull applying?, wait until she is a midwife, then she will know what stress (and hard work) is!!

bruneep

If she’s stressed out with the application process, wait until she’s working as a midwife.

Mrs B is a midwife of many years and the things she relates to me about her working conditions are shocking all day without a break (meal or toilet) short of staff etc. etc..

I’m sure TJ will be along with shouts of union etc soon but if there ain’t enough on the ward not much can be done

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Wait til’ she qualifies, then move to Oz!

With a skill like that they’ll snap her up.

orena45

Ms orena45 trained as a midwife at St Thomas’s in that there London – got 90% of the way through and then quit as she got fed up with the stress and the way things are run (targets and rules etc that are there in the interests of the hospital/managerial staff and not in the interests of the mothers and babies).

She now runs her own business teaching parents-to-be about natural birthing techniques and empowering them to have the birth they want and not what they are told they can have. She’s much happier 🙂

She has issues with the way things are run managerially and culturally within the NHS, and not the midwives themselves. She’d love to be a midwife if things were different I think).

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Mrs Pop qualified late on and loves the job but hates the stress , lack of breaks etc etc
    She splits her time between clinical and also has a research post which just about keeps her sane- and madly pays better than the actual baby catching!
    She is studying complimentary therapy type stuff also to get away from the pack of cards that is the NHS (sadly)

takisawa2

Now, do I wait & see if she gets a place before I show her these replies… 🙂

Orena, thats the kind of stuff Mrs T. is really keen on. Fair play to mrs orena.

catnash
    Free Member

From what I know it seems to be a ritual to get in, just keep on trying. Always 2nd or 3rd attempt. Is it direct access? seems nowadays the Staff Nurses converting get in the cue 1st.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any Midwives/ Trainee Midwives ?’ is closed to new replies.