Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any metal composite experts on here? Bolt advice….?
  • ltheisinger
    Free Member

Would you use alloy bolts for brake mounts? Are they strong enough? Or just stick to stainless steel & ti? Same question for brake disc bolts?

Onzadog
    Free Member

No to ali. Ti and stainless fine for rotors. Caliper would depend whether it was IS or post mount.

ahwiles
    Free Member

aluminium bolts?

to hold your brakes on?

no.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Thanks guys, that’s what I thought – you have just settled an argument between my mate & I… 😀 I WON! I just thought I’d get your feedback as I am no expert and didn’t know if there was an alloy composite that was strong enough? Then I would have lost me tenner!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

well to be pedantic stainless and ti are both alloys. What we call TI usually has some aluminium in it IIRC

ltheisinger
    Free Member

TJ – Yep, you are of course correct (as always!) – but you know what I mean.

The thing that got me thinking and questioning myself was the fact you can get coloured bolts (i.e. anodised) and you can’t anodise stainless steel and not all of them are ti? Or are they?

mr_mills
    Free Member

I’ve got (tarty coloured) alloy bolts holding both my calipers and levers on. I’m not dead.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any metal composite experts on here? Bolt advice….?’ is closed to new replies.