Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Any locksmiths about?????
  • Shakey
    Free Member

A while ago I broke my key in the front door, fortunately I was able to get half the key out but subsequently only my key will open and lock the door and the is annoying my wife a lot.

Anyway, I thought I would swap the barrel with the back door. They are both PVCu doors so not a problem. Had I known that you don't need to take the handles off this would have been easy!

Anyway, I took the handles off and the square rods which slide into both handles came out as well as the springs. It took me a while to work out that the springs go into the handles but I eventually got the handles back on an now the doors will shut. Problem I have now is that the handle on the outside will not work the 5 lever deadlocks and as a result the door cannot be locked.

It looks like the square rod on the outside does not go in enough but I cannot work out how to get it to go further in!! Please help as I don't want to have to replace the handles or the door?

deluded
    Free Member

flatfish on here is a locksmith.

BermBandit
    Free Member

If the thing is an espagnolette type, (ie. multiple bolts coming out when you turn the key more than once), it sounds like you've reassembled it wrong. Does one door work and the other not? If so take the one that works out open it up and take a digital photograph and then pop it back before you cack that one up too. Use the photo to dismantle and realign the one that doesn't work so that works too. From preference take a piccy every time you move or change something, so you can see how to put it back the way it was.

flatfish
    Free Member

just got in.

shakey can you take a photo of this and mail it to me, andrewataylor@gmail.com and i'll see if i can talk you through it once i can see what were dealing with.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Any locksmiths about?????’ is closed to new replies.