Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Any Japanese speakers on here?
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Any Japanese speakers on here that can translate a little Japanese on a car auction document?

The important bits that I am interested in are to the left of the car body diagram.

David @ Atkins if you are reading this Kate needs to know nothing about it! 😆

wwaswas

“You are bidding on an origami car, instructions for assembly are in the bottom right hand corner”

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

“You are bidding on an origami car, instructions for assembly are in the bottom right hand corner”

That’s pretty much what I’m checking. Or more precisely, ‘you a buying a nice shell, the engine and gearbox are missing, the inside have been stolen by the Yakuza and the rest has been on fire.’

deadkenny
    Free Member

Translator app on phone perhaps? Some can take an image or point the camera at stuff and does live translation.

allthepies
    Free Member

Tried google goggles on it with not much luck.

eskay

A contender for the ‘Argh my eye’ thread on there.

submarined
    Free Member

No, but if I were to go to the hassle of importing a higher mileage grade 3.5 turn of the century Carrera 4 from Japan, it’d have to be incredibly cheap and stuffed full of coke to make it worth it, especially with history being so important with the engines.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

No, but if I were to go to the hassle of importing a higher mileage grade 3.5 turn of the century Carrera 4 from Japan, it’d have to be incredibly cheap and stuffed full of coke to make it worth it, especially with history being so important with the engines.

It’s pretty cheap for a C4S (which is why I’m so suspicious), and I’ve got a tame independent Porsche mechanic. 😆

submarined
    Free Member

OOI, how cheap is cheap?
    My ‘probably a fair bit cheaper’ car from Japan still had some hidden surprises, despite being assessed as a grade 4.
    3.5 covers a quite wide range of conditions, it’s a bit of a risk imho.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Auction price of change out of £5k…

My understanding is grade 3.5 is mechanically sound but body work needs work or is a higher mileage vehicle.

rone

Absolute translations are good. But you will pay.

woody2000

Sorry to be “that guy”, but you need a reader of Japanese, not a speaker. 2 very different things 😉

plyphon
    Free Member

My housemate is (pretty damn well) fluent, I will ask him tonight if no one can help before then.

submarined
    Free Member

I had to replace a fair few suspension components on my grade 4, and found things such as a broken bumper support bar and a door that has definitely been resprayed/replaced at some point in it’s life. I wouldn’t put too much stock in auction gradings.

Although if it goes for anything like that (I guess it’ll be quite a bit over) then yeah, even when you add in transport and taxes that is very cheap. But a biiig risk.

deadkenny
    Free Member

woody2000 – Member 
    Sorry to be “that guy”, but you need a reader of Japanese, not a speaker. 2 very different things

(sorry 😀 )

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

(sorry 😆 )

You’re not really are you though!? 😆

Although if it goes for anything like that (I guess it’ll be quite a bit over) then yeah, even when you add in transport and taxes that is very cheap. But a biiig risk.

I’ve been watching a few and the odd one goes for silly cheap, I suspect that importing porkers from Japan is a minor market compared to JDM stuff.

thecaptain
    Free Member

??,??????????

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Thanks Captain, google translate can just about manage that too.

thecaptain
    Free Member

I can read (some of) the sort of stuff I encountered while living there but handwritten car terminology and abbreviations is a bit too much of a challenge, sorry.

CountZero

?????

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I can speak a little Japanese, like I now know that ‘full stoma bag’ is pronounced in Japanese as, ‘asackapoopoo’

No help to the OP though.

addy6402

David @ Atkins if you are reading this Kate needs to know nothing about it!

I saw nothing (as long as you take me for a spin) 😆

The better half is still traumatised after a nice evening spin round the local lanes in my old 944!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Any Japanese speakers on here?’ is closed to new replies.