Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any issues with buying brand new 2006 forks?
  • BoardinBob

I’ve seen a great deal on a set of 2006 revelations

Would you get the full manufacturers warranty and would there be any issues with the forks lying unused for 3 years?

geetee1972
    Free Member

Warranty should be from date of purchase if they’re from a shop. How good a deal is good? They’ve changed quite a lot since 2006 so you’d want them to be in the region of £250 for air or £190 for coil to be classed a good deal IMO.

mrmo
    Free Member

i don’t know about those forks, but the only question i would want to know is whether spares and parts are available if they need work in a years time, ie when you need to give them a service..

BoardinBob

That would be my concern. I’d imagine that having sat about for three years with no use, they may need a full service/ seals etc straight away which would cancel out any savings

stevieeeh
    Free Member

Yeah because all that sitting there really takes its toll on forks. 😉

They’ll be fine straight off.

Parts and service wise also fine. More than likely to be able to find spares years down the line yet.

Steve

geetee1972
    Free Member

If you’re worried about getting spares then call TF Tuned and check with them, though I can’t imagine it being a problem.

BoardinBob

Yeah because all that sitting there really takes its toll on forks.

It should.

A car that’s driven rarely will suffer more than a car that’s driven, and maintained, regularly.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any issues with buying brand new 2006 forks?’ is closed to new replies.