Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any Ironmen/226 people out there?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Inspire me…2 years since I did mine, 11:45 which I was pretty happy with, not done one since!

What times did you do…have you improved..tell me exciting stories!

Sven

15 years ago, 12:20 hrs, but no exciting stories other than that I enjoyed it but was lapped by Faris AlSultan who went on to finish in Hawaii the next 3 years as 3rd, 2nd, and 1st…

Onzadog
    Free Member

I did an ultra last year and broke the 12hr barrier. When I did it, I’d never done one before. The longest run in training was 18 miles so I’d never run a marathon before either.

Now I’ve done both by doing that ultra, trying it again but a bit quicker just doesn’t feel like it would be as much of a challenge. I guess that’s the reason I’m not driven to do another one.

As you will be well aware, the commitment to training is no small undertaking. I also found that all that endurance trailing impacted on my ability to produce short, high power bursts which means the mountain biking I do for fun is harder than it used to be.

Maybe not so he inspiration you wanted, but it might help you realise that one is enough. It’s more than most folk manage!

fatmax

Did 13.32 at the Outlaw last year, and really enjoyed. Not enough training due to pressure of work and family, but enjoyed the experience enough that I’d do another one. It’s not ‘that’ hard on the day. Possibly Arran Man next year if the feedback on this year’s is good.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Onzadog – Member
    Maybe not so he inspiration you wanted, but it might help you realise that one is enough. It’s more than most folk manage!

I’m kind of torn, I reckon I could cut my time down a fair bit, I only trained for swimming (30m a week!) and running (I was doing marathons that summer also) but it would require a fair bit of effort.

I’d like to get back into running and try some ultras there also.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

14:52 – Ironman Austria in 2006. Injury, kids then work have intervened since, although I’ve promised myself a crack at sub-13 in 2017. Training starts…

…tomorrow 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any Ironmen/226 people out there?’ is closed to new replies.