Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • any IRONMAN 70.3 stw awesome lads/lass in the house?
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

was going to ask how much it cost all in all for the event, website says for IM Bolton 2016 is £99 Entry fee.. is this all I need to pay (at all)? many thanks

nemesis
    Free Member

<joke>

Surely you wouldn’t have to ask who’s an Ironman as they’d have already told you

</joke>

😉

Gotama
    Free Member

Yes, assuming you have all the gear. That said it sounds cheap for an IM event as my Mallorca 70.3 was 250 euro from memory. It is Bolton though I suppose….

phil40
    Free Member

Echoing what was said above that sounds very cheap for a half. Seem to remember they were about £150 and that was quite a few years ago.

Do you need to to factor in hotel? It can be quite an early start otherwise depending on where you live. You might need to buy meals as well, I think registration is the day before, so unless you are local you will either do two long travels or hotel/food overnight.

Then once you have got into triathlon it is a never ending tale of latest shineys that put santa cruz et al to shame!

Phil

cp

Where are you seeing that entry fee? It’s way cheaper than IM branded events, and the IM website says entries aren’t open yet. On to of that there is no Bolton 70.3, it’s full distance at Bolton.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

hi, sorry, I think I saw it on the wrong website 😳

I really have no idea about this, I am just asking in behalf of ironlady friend who is deep into this overspending madness of a hobby and aims to participate different countries in annual basis.. she was actually aiming for IM Stafford as it is just near from my place but I cannot booked a holiday off work that time, hence choosing Bolton instead. I just wanted to know how much the entry fee really if anyone participated last or this year.

cp

400 quid plus 6% transaction fee, but bolton is full distance IM.

Look away from IM branded events for far cheaper events. Use the british triathlon / triathlon england website to find ‘half-distance’ events for 70.3 equivalents.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

£400+ 😯 CRIKEY!!

i just saw the website as well.

mogrim

Not done an IM, but done a few running ultras – and there’s no way that’s “how much it [will] cost all in all for the event”. Factor in new shoes, gels for training, new kit, transport to training sites, accomodation the night before the event etc… Long distance sports are expensive!

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Official IM 70.3 was ~£225 when i looked last year. THe branded IM’s are usually twice the rate of non IM races.

Outlaw 1/2 is around £130, but 2016 probably now sold out (went ‘live’ this week?).

Cotwold 113 (km) is a cheap / low key half, ran twice a year. About £100.

durhambiker
    Free Member

Outlaw Half pre-registration places sold out today, there will be limited places going up for general release tomorrow I think.

IM branded 70.3 events are in the region of £225 plus the booking fee. Plus the extra kit, plus accomodation, plus extra car parking charges and so on (especially for Staffordshire). Non-branded events tend to be half price or less.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘any IRONMAN 70.3 stw awesome lads/lass in the house?’ is closed to new replies.