Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any ipad gurus out there
  • rab5474
    Free Member

I have an ipad 4 and my wife an ipad 2, and we are both having the same issues with our ipads.

When headphones are attached the volume in them is more or less non existant, however when messing around with internal volume limits, when adjusting the music limit it makes no difference, but if you adjust the ringer volume it is nice and loud through the headphones, so this would rule out any hardware problems i believe.

Has anyone came accross this before and know of a fix.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Is it your headphones? I’ve an iPad 2 but don’t seem to be suffering the same issues you describe.

peteimpreza

Is there any debris in the headphone socket causing a bad connection?

big_scot_nanny

Maybe go into your ‘music’ settings and make sure soundcheck and volume limit are off.

HTH!

Kev

rab5474
    Free Member

Headphones are fine as they work perfect in my iphone. And have tried cleaning out the socket but found no debris, and as everything works as it should if you have headphones in and someone sends a message or rings, i am beginning to think that it may be a software issue as it is happening to both mine and my wife’s devices

DezB
    Free Member

Have you checked, Settings>Music, volume limit?

rab5474
    Free Member

Yeah checked all of those initially with no joy everything was set at maximum, got it fixed now, all it took was taking everyones suggestions and cycling each one on and off a few times as well as the side mute toggle and all is good in the world. Next step was to reset the devices.

I searched apple support forums and all i got was a load of techno babble, asked on STW and its sorted in 5 mins.
    Cheers everyone

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any ipad gurus out there’ is closed to new replies.