Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any iPad gurus about?
  • tymbian
    Free Member

My Son is trying to go on the app store with his new iPad and he gets a pop up balloon saying that a verification Code has been sent to an email address ( @live.com ) that he can’t access ( or rather when he goes to access the email address it says basically that no such email address exists although he says it’s his FB email address) so trying to set up a new email with the aforementioned address returns the message email address already exists.

How do I get an app-store verification Code sent to a new email address?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Head to the apple I’d page on line, but instead of going down the forgot password route, go down the forgotten I’d route. It should throw up any accounts that you have.

Strangely my dads having a similar issue, his iPad has his iCloud set up against ab old login in, we can’t log out as we need a password, the reset password notifications don’t arrive, and it’s claiming hi dob is wrong when he tries to take that route. The only thing I can think to do is a full reset and set it up from scratch.

tymbian
    Free Member

I’m no boff but won’t the login & password details be stored on the Apple server not the device ?

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s not ideal, but might be the quickest way to a solution:

http://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201232

mav12
    Free Member

could you not set up a new email address and new apple id

tymbian
    Free Member

Sorted…

Settings – App store – changed the ID for the login..

Thanks chaps/ chapettes

CountZero

I used to get a Fb email address pop up as automatic fill-in for a lot of ticket agencies, etc, but I never seemed to get any emails actually delivered to Fb, having tried it as an experiment.
    I used to completely ignore it, and it does seem to have largely disappeared now.
    Complete waste of time.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any iPad gurus about?’ is closed to new replies.