Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any interesting bike shops in Oxford?
  • flashes
    Free Member

I’m off to Oxford tomorrow for a few days are there any good shops. I have weird tastes, vintage bikes, especially track and SS / fixed mountain bikes…..
    Ta…

kinda666
    Free Member

Bike zone looked interesting, didn’t actually go in even though the missus have me the green light to have a butchers..

Its got a café too..

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Try Ubyk in the Abingdon road for the drool factor. Nothing too off the wall though.

jkomo

Yeah, Ubyke is probably it. Beeline on Cowley road is good, but very much a straight forward decent bike shop. It does however have a massive plus, it’s pretty much opposite Bodrum kebab shop, which has a few tables round the back and serves the best Turkish/Persian grilled meats and salads. They also have two or three stews on the go. Good enough to eat sober in the middle of the day.

Defender
    Free Member

Warlands on the Botley Road, more commuter, hybrid and touring focused, what you might call a more traditional bike shop?

localhero94
    Free Member

Ubyk is probably the best, but not really vintage or anything – more high end than the others. Bike zone is a bog standard bike shop, however the cafe above it serves the best espresso in Oxford and awesome toasted banana bread. It’s also more central for ‘normal’ shops etc.

Trimix
    Free Member

Bike Zone and the cafe above it. Walton street cycles.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any interesting bike shops in Oxford?’ is closed to new replies.