Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Any interest in a CD swap shop? (warning: not quite so stealthy 'wanted' ad)
  • Rich_s

Earlier this year I sent all my CD’s to charity shop as it dawned that the only time I listen to music is while on the move and digital is much more convenient…

Then I inherited a tidy little stereo which has been installed in the mancave. I’ve pressed a Playbook into action (now 64gb storage, decent DAC, plus HDMI out for telly) but the CD on the stereo sounds *lovely* and I’m hankering for some CD’s back.

I can buy them through music magpie on the ‘bay at a range of prices, but just wondering whether anyone on here is looking to slim down their collection and would consider flogging them on here?

Rock bottom prices paid! I’m not looking for cases in A1 condition or owt – just the CD really.

I’ve an eclectic taste in music (mainstream, sh1t, but varied). So WHY that you want to get rid of? Or how can you help develop my musical repertoire?

Two I’m looking for are Elbow – Build a Rocket Boys; and Muse – Black Holes etc.

Anyone?

Also happy if anyone wants to post up stuff they want or would like on here. Hence the swap shop idea…

sadexpunk

i tried selling mine a few months ago, sold some but am still left with the bulk of them. have a look through the list and see if you fancy any.

id say pretty much all of them are still for sale……

IHN

Where are you? I’ve got loads you could have for a charity donation

Rich_s

Thanks Sadex – will have a look.

IHN – Wirral. But on tour to Woking next week, London the week after. All glamour… 😉

IHN

Ah. Well, if you’re ever passing Cirencester, I’ve got 300 CDs you can have…

Rich_s

Yes, thanks Hebden. I did note that in the OP. Given the prices paid by ebay and fees and wotnot I wondered whether anyone might want to go direct…

jambalaya
    Free Member

@sadex my mate buys cd’s rips them then resells them. I recall he pays about a £1 each max. I think £25 for 10 is ambitious. I too have many many cd’s in a storage box, unplayed for 10 years at least ? Put a cd player in the car and never used it (9 years ) 😳

I have nothing remotely recent

sadexpunk

yeah maybe so mate, spose that was just the price i put up when i first tried selling them. id let em go cheaper than that, but obviously theres a point where you cant be bothered with the faffage for a few quid.

ideally somebody would just take the lot.

MrOvershoot

Rich as your only a hop & a skip away, I could just copy any CD’s in our slightly odd collection, I know I have the Muse one.

Rich_s

We might do business on that, Nige 😀

MrOvershoot

I thought your Yorkshire gene might kick in when “free” is included 😉

Rich_s

IHN – trying to send you a message but keeps bouncing. Can you message me? (in profile)

IHN

ygm

Rich_s

Ygm back (just in case the emyther isn’t working)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Any interest in a CD swap shop? (warning: not quite so stealthy 'wanted' ad)’ is closed to new replies.