Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Any ideas why there is a coffin in a skip outside my local pub?
  • Harry_the_Spider

The local pub has been shut for a month or so (landlord couldn’t make the rent apparently). Yesterday a skip was dropped off, I assume that they are clearing the place out. This morning there was a casket sticking out of it. Quite a fancy one with a light oak finish and chromed handles. Judging by the lack of dirt on it I would say that it hasn’t been under ground.

Any ideas?

Sincerely,

Confused of Simister.

bikebouy
    Free Member

For those that drink Lager?

jon1973
    Free Member

That’s dead weird. If it starts to move, throw a bottle of cough mixture at it, that will stop almost any coffin.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Perhaps the owner had a change of heart?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

PS, nab it and get it on E-Bay

Eyepic
    Free Member

Checked for vampires sleeping the day off?

bearnecessities

Die-tipping?

mildred

Funerals – they’re a dying trade..!

wwaswas

Their “Chicken in a Casket” meal deal failed to turn the business around then.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Grab that casket and bay it!

scaredypants

coffin dumping is a grave offence, though the police may seem disinter-ested until you give them the details

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

disinter-ested

chapeau

Muke
    Free Member

I’m dying to find out what’s going on. Sounds like a load of old rubbish to me

brooess
    Free Member

Can you skip in a coffin?

pondo

I suspect a sinister warning from an angry local aimed at whoever thoughtlessly parked a skip within half a mile of their house.

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

Ignoring it’s aerodynamic failings – a coffin would make a pretty decent roofbox.

llama

Ignoring it’s aerodynamic failings – a coffin would make a pretty decent roofbox.

you could drive at walking pace and nobody would overtake you

TheWrongTrousers

Cheaper than burying it ?

McHamish
    Free Member

you could drive at walking pace and nobody would overtake you

On the way to the church for the funeral of my FiL…we were in the limousine following the hearse and some bloke in a BMW overtook us in the limo on a single carriage way…drove for a half a mile or so a few inches from the bumper of the hearse, then then swerved around it and zoomed off.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Yes but I can’t tell you

honeybadgerx

Did they sell pork pies behind the bar? Or even just clear plastic bagged pork scratchings?

maxtorque

Well you know what they say about skips, leave them for 5mins and they are full when you get back…..

Harry_the_Spider

True. I had one when doing some clearing work in the local church yard. Came back from lunch and there was a fridge freezer in it.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

weare138
    Free Member

My old local circa1986 had two goth dj’s who tried to turn it into a mini Batcave (think alien Sex Fiend). They used a coffin to put the decks on/in.
    When it shut the coffin wasn’t thrown out, one of them took it home to sleep in.
    How odd.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Any ideas why there is a coffin in a skip outside my local pub?’ is closed to new replies.