Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Any ideas on where to ride tomorrow? (Dartmoor)
  • ltheisinger
    Free Member

Hi all,

Just looking for somewhere different to ride tomorrow, we like the descents (obviously!) and don't mind it being techie either….

Any suggestions would be great (If you can point me in the direction of a GPS map to download to the Garmin – even better!!)

Thanks all.

Leon

slippery
    Free Member

going from houndtor tomorrow if interested with some very good decents

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Ah! I was only talking about Houndtor earlier this evening and saying I had never done it – is it a loop and what time are you starting out? Would love to buddy….

slippery
    Free Member

hi we generally finnish at bovey tracey where i can give u an uplift back to houndtor if u wish which would give us some exellent downhills without to many climbs or can do a reasenable loop if u want. dont mind what time but the ride takes about 4 hours but can be cut shorter if u wish. be warned its quite technical decents.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Sounds great! There would be two of us – so I'm not sure an uplift would be an option? But don't mind either way, would be quite happy to do a loop if uplift wouldn't be possible?

Don't mind technical descents, I had a bad MTB accident last year and building strength in the foot still – but always willing to look at anything and if its too much for the foot I can always get off….but so far I haven't had to do that and want to keep pushing myself as I'm off on a near 3 week road trip (MTB'ing) in 6 weeks time.

We would be able to get there by 11am how does that sound? Where would we meet you?

slippery
    Free Member

uplift not a problem, tell me which direction your coming from and i will suggest best place to meet. 11am will be fine.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Ideal! We will be coming from Cornwood direction – through Yelverton if we meet at/near hounds tor – but to be honest mate we can meet anywhere? If its easier/better…. I have three racks on the roof of my motor and if we don't do the loop option, we could pick you up where you leave your car – then we can head off in mine to the start and then you can do the uplift back to mine when we're finished? What do you think?

slippery
    Free Member

the lift up sounds great as i am still trying to get hold of my mate who normally gives me uplift to houndtor so until i get hold of him the lift up sounds good. i actually live in liverton so if you came up the A38 and turned off at drumbridges you would be close to where i live and i could direct you to my home. my contact number is 07940373005. if still keen in the morning give me a ring.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Ok buddy – we'll pick you up on route. I know Liverton quite well so no probs. We will defo be riding and we will be leaving here (Near Ivybridge) about 10.30ish and we'll give you a call when we turn off the A38. See you tomorrow and THANKS very much for the offer – really looking forward to it! Cheers Leon.

PS: Whats your name? – be a bit odd asking for 'Slippery' when I call. 😀

ltheisinger
    Free Member

PS: I'll stick the 4th Rack in the car – in case your mate turns up and he wants a lift too.

slippery
    Free Member

ok cheers,ill wait to hear from u in the morning.should be good!!

slippery
    Free Member

ps sorry im simon

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Nice one – cheers Simon.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Thanks to Simon & Neil for a great ride out today – god… you guys go up the hills quick, might have to consider my fitness!!! Seems I'm only fit for the downs!! Thanks again guys, really enjoyed it!

slippery
    Free Member

hi leon,we enjoyed your company,hope you and chris have a good time riding in california. hope to see you again sometime.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Any ideas on where to ride tomorrow? (Dartmoor)’ is closed to new replies.