Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any ideas for a good 'lid' light ?
  • bunnerscj
    Free Member

Out night riding with a bar mounted light last night, come to the conclusion rapidly that I need a helmet light.
    Now dont want anything silly money but again it has to be half decent. Prob dont want to spend more that £100 and has to be recharge battery pack as I really cont do with AAA or AA batteries.

Lets have your suggestions !
    Oh and would prefer something that has good warranty / back up support 😀

DezB
    Free Member
    OldGitSurrey
    Free Member

LED Lenser H7 with rechargeable batteries on eBay at about £40. The 140 lumens blows away my mates one rated at 240 lumens. Nice thumbswitch allowing 'flood to spot' shifting. Pix of them together – mines on the left:-

Best 'bang per buck' head torch I've seen. Didn't take a lot to mount it on my helmet.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Old Git, whats the run time on max ?

OldGitSurrey
    Free Member

Well into the 'many hours' mode. Link to the Bay for the full griff:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LED-LENSER-H7R-LED-TORCH-7498-HEAD-TORCH-RECHARGABLE_W0QQitemZ300366702068QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_SportsLeisure_Camping_LightsLanternsTorches?hash=item45ef4025f4

My own is with standard batteries – I just use rechargeable ones.

radoggair
    Free Member

has to be the 900 lumens dx light. Got a head torch and bar light ( both the same light, helmet version has a fitting for the lid). Its 50 squid and bright as hell. In fact, suffice to say that during last weeks night ride my mates new troutie light and head light was not much in differnece against my 2 lights ( both on full).

Simple to say that for 100 squid i spent i have 2 slights which is all i ever need for night riding

ahwiles
    Free Member

a lot of folks round 'ere use the fenix L2D as a skid-lid supplement to their bar-lights.

the low angle of bar-lights casts shadows that help with depth perception. the relative low power of the L2D doesn't flood these out.

but the fenix is bright enough so that you can still see round corners.

they runs for way more than 3 hours on 2 AA's, and they're about £45.

fenix
    Free Member

I'd go for the L2D too – great torch and lighter than the p7s. Not as powerful, but I dont think you need that on the helmet, plus battery life is good.

I ride p7 on the bars and L2D on the lid.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

radoggair – How do you attach you DX to your lid?

br
    Free Member

I use a Tesco's £6 LED torch running 2AA's cable-tied to my lid, and then an HID on the bars.

Works for me, and usually carry a spare set of AA's.

john_l
    Free Member

Exposure Joystick or a Diablo if you're feeling flush.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any ideas for a good 'lid' light ?’ is closed to new replies.