Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any ideas – 2mm thick chainring/bash guard in black…do they exist
  • commander
    Free Member

Not really one for classifieds as I couldn’t be lucky enough for someone to have on they wanted to sell….

My 8 year old has a nice new bike with a triple chainset, i want to replace the outer ring or he’s going to cut his legs first time he slips off the pedals. Because of the naffy suntour chainset where the outer ring bolts thread into the middle ring, the thickest bash I’m going to get on is 2mm.

And my lad would like a black one.

T’Internet is letting me down, any ideas…

matt_outandabout

See if a bike shop has one of those cheap plastic trouser guards that come on many bikes they could let you have / packet of jaffa’s / £2?

matthew_h
    Free Member

Take a hacksaw and file to the big ring and remove all the teeth then tidy it up and paint it black.

Job’s a good’un

soobalias
    Free Member

new bolts?

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Blackspire lite god is as thick as a pound coin, sorry can’t find my ruler.

taka
    Free Member

ive just done what matthew said this morning get somthing soft to put where the teeth were then your done 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

BBG Bashguard from the US. Deliver quite quickly. One man and a machine.

google’em

Andy-R

Anything herethat’s any good?

paule
    Free Member

If you need to sort it quickly, then you can wrap a chain around the current outer ring and fasten it in place. Bit ugly, but works as a temp while you look for something else.

ozzybmx
    Free Member

Yeah http://www.bbgbashguard.com , i just ordered a red one to replace my SLX chunky sandwich . Get a lite version for him .

normal ones are 1/8 inch – about 3mm thick
    Lite versions are 1/16 inch – about 1.5mm thick.

commander
    Free Member

Ace – thanks all, 2 guards now ordered from BBG, one ‘superlight’ for my lads bike and one for my SS whilst at it!

Plus the brilliantly simple “wrap some chain around it” idea will get him by over Easter until they arrive.

Thanks again:-

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any ideas – 2mm thick chainring/bash guard in black…do they exist’ is closed to new replies.