Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any idea what's a good integrated headset?
  • DrP

New frame coming soon, and has a “Campo style 45×45 integrated headset”.

I’m typically an FSA Orbit extreme guy (last 4 headsets baby!), so this is uncharted territory for me!
    Any recommendations?? They seem “fairly cheap” – is this because there’s little to them bar bearings and crown race?

Cheers,

DrP

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Another Commencal by any chance?

Cane creek do a very handy finder for their headsets and you can get tops and bottoms separetly if needed.

DrP

It is! 2012 meta frame…..
    Will need new headset and seatpost for it though!

DrP

jimw
    Free Member

Hope is another option, like CC you can mix and match from their range and the SS bearings seem to go on for ever and they have proper seals top and bottom. Only come in black I think. I have Hope headsets on three bikes, not yet had to replace bearings on any, after four years on one of them.
    The other bike has a CC S8 which has survived 6 years use (on four frames) with no problems at all, again SS bearings. I do regularly take apart and clean which helps longevity I believe

ffej
    Free Member

There is one on CRC that is popular..
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=38267
    25 squid, cane creek bearings, funky colours.

RustyMac

If you are an FSA Orbit man then why not stick to what you know

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=9069

I have use one of the FSA orbit Z and was impressed by the bearings (similar 45×36 but not the same 45×45 as in that one) so if the ones in that are of similar quality then it should be a goodun especially for £26 think i paid £30-35 for the one i had.

Don’t know if the hope on will fit yours if it is integral and 45×45 style i think there one is 45×36 but may be worth further investigation as hope also do very nice headsets.

DrP

Cheers for the tips – went for the Stolen Insider 45/45 Headset in the end, but in lame old black!

Seems good reviews, and £22.50 all in – seems a fair bit cheaper than the Orbit extreme I just bought!!

DrP

brakes
    Free Member

Hope don’t do the campy sizing AFAIK

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any idea what's a good integrated headset?’ is closed to new replies.