Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any idea how much these LED (240v garden) lights will cost to run?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Due to grumpy neighbour with time on his hands & a Victor Meldrew attitude moaning about having to buy black out blinds 😉 I replaced my two 150w floods with some new fangled LED lights.

Said fangled lights

Any idea how much it would cost to run one for an hour?

Cheers in advance.

Junkyard
    Free Member

no as no power rating is given and seriously WTF were you doing with 2 150 watt floods in your garden 😯
    It will be less than the halogens – does it have a power rating /watts or amps on it?

enveetee
    Free Member

Look on your ‘leccy bill and see how much you’re paying for a Kw Hour – About 11p if I can remember correctly

So, dividing 1Kw by 150W you get about 6hrs 30 mins for 1 Kw/Hrs worth of juice @ 11p

crikey
    Free Member

Why do you need to light your garden?

Ok, if the Swedish womens netball team are doing oil wrestling, but otherwise it sounds like your neighbour is right and you are mad.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yup hard to say because of the lack of power rating, but given the price I’d be surprised if it was much over 10 Watts for one of those units. Assuming that it was 10 Watts, electricty roughly costs 12p KW/h 10 watts is 10/1000 = 1/100th of a KW/h so about 0.12p an hour.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

seriously WTF were you doing with 2 150 watt floods in your garden

Pissing off the neighbour of course 😉 , no seriously they came with 500w bulbs originally, (Another edit)not that they are on all the time, they are PIR & I turn them off at night, but I have found it quite hard to find a garden light that will light a 30′ passage so I can actually see the door to my shed to unlock it.

Edit, cheers enveetee & Ian, I knew someone would have an idea, Ian, catch you at the JB sometime, do you still ride or do you just run these days? 🙂

Edit, edit, just seen the first link in the OP is just a pic, try this if your interested. They also have a handsaw for £3 & an axe for £8 😀

crikey
    Free Member

Have you considered a torch?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yup see you up there soon.
    Heh I rode 40 miles on Saturday! Admittedly as support for a running race though 🙂

He really only wants them so he can see his wife in a three in a hot tub lez fest in my garden!

Cheers
    Victor

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any idea how much these LED (240v garden) lights will cost to run?’ is closed to new replies.