Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • any hairdressers on here? hairdying info/experience/care needed for the missus.
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

mrs odannyboy came as a brunette out of the box but recently had a lot of highlights added and this made her virtually blond as an overview.it looks great but she says she wont continue it as.. (don squeaky impression of a woman voice) "its all dry and horrible since it was dyed.its not smooth or soft at all.the bleach has ruined the way it feels"

i must stress it cost a mint and was done at a top award winning hairdresser. must also stress that other than wash/conditioner she does nothing maintence wise.

is there something shes doing wrong or should be doing as i cant belive every woman with dyed hair recons there barnet feels like straw 😆

meehaja
    Free Member

I say this not as a hairdresser, but as a retired punk who used to dye hair reguarly…

Some people's hair does not respond well to bleach. is it breaking off? Strawlike? or just feel dry? putting conditioner in and leaving it for a few hours helps, as do expensive rescue serums (same thing I think?) my best technique was to not wash my hair for a week after bleaching (just cover it with gel to get a good solid mohawk) but this may not be appropriate in her case.

A box of normal hair dye will come with a strong conditioner inside, i'd suggest whacking one of those on to wet hair and leaving for an evening? also try and reduce how often she washes it as this will strip it of essential oils repairing the hair.

jacksta
    Free Member

second the semi perm hair dye conditioner (about £4 at boots), suggest that plus wrapping in a hot towel or cling film to keep it warm as you use it.

try also minmising how much she uses the hair dryer

My hair used to be fine with bleach but after I turned a certain age I couldnt do it anymore…ho hum

uplink
    Free Member

Don't worry, there's a 50/50 chance that it'll all go back to how it used to be by tomorrow 😉

odannyboy
    Free Member

uplink-lmao-not.

its dry and straw like apparently, how can this be avoided on a daily basis?

roach

My missus (hairdressing lecturer) reckons she needs a toner put on it, not to tone the colour down if she's happy with that but to put a bit of silkiness and shine through it at a good salon and then she needs to use an intensive condioning treatment on it once a week 8)

She also reckons that if she's not happy with it then go back to the salon and tell them she's not happy.

She also says that Meehaja knows what he's talking about 🙂

CaptJon
    Free Member

For the missus? If you say so… 😉

odannyboy
    Free Member

roach- that sounds exactly like the stuff i was thinking-cheers.any brand recommendations? do you need to spend a fortune

captjon-dont even go there!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘any hairdressers on here? hairdying info/experience/care needed for the missus.’ is closed to new replies.