Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Any good waterproof packable jackets that stuff small?
  • rockhopper70

…as I just know it is going to teem it down at 4pm every day in the alps when I head over there. So I need a jacket that packs down really small to keep in the back pack. My usual waterproof is a bit bulky rolled up.

AlasdairMc

montane Featherlite H2O

SiB
    Free Member

Read lots of pros and cons on he montane h2o featherlite and I’m with the cons ……if I sweat ever so slightly (and I sweat a lot) and it comes into contact with my bare arms it’s like wearing cling film, fine in a bit of drizzle for 15mins but nothing more, glad I got mine in tk max for £8! Does roll up to the size of an apple though and no weight at all.

I’ve just got back from log weekend riding in the pyrenees and was mighty glad I took my montane event jacket, larger and bulkier but still decent small size, the featherlite wouldn’t have stood a chance!

radoggair
    Free Member

aldi £9.99 waterproof does me. Very lightweight and fits into a back cycle jersey pocket no probs

BFITH
    Free Member

Just ride through it…skin is waterproof 😉 ….use the money you saved to by me an expensive beer in Buddha bar….job done….HTH

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

As I said on a similair thread – have a look at the various Ronhill jackets on wiggle – they have DWR coatings and pack down. They are unlikely to be particularly sweating as they are pimarily for running, or if for cycling they will be similair to a running version.

I had an earlier version and used it all Winter with no problems:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ronhill-advance-microlite-jacket-aw10/

Wear something synthetic, like HH lifa, underneath and that won’t get wet if the jacket does leak.

uplink
    Free Member

Unless it’s cold [which it maybe in the Alps] I just don’t bother with anything more than a cheap windproof Paclite thing

You’re not going to stay dry whatever you’re wearing if you’re doing anything more than gentle cycling

resisted
    Free Member

Endura Helium?

I have a Mountain Equipment Gore-Tex PacLite which packs down smaller than the helium and has a hood (which packs away) and I think I picked it up for about 70 quid in a Cotswold sale. More breathable than any other shell I’ve had.

accu
    Free Member

have the former paclite-version of this jacket…

http://eu.thenorthface.com/tnf-eu-en/men-s-triumph-anorak-1.html

got it as sale item , but was still very expensive..

after 4 trips to the alps I am very pleased..was really worth the cash..

rockhopper70

Posted 9 hours ago # BFITH – Member
    Just ride through it…skin is waterproof ….use the money you saved to by me an expensive beer in Buddha bar….job done….HTH

or I could use the money saved to buy you a cover for your non nv camleback…

anyway, the beer wasn’t the attraction in buddha bar IIRC

rockhopper70

any other options?

AlasdairMc

I also have a Reebok running jacket that is made out of Windstopper Active Shell – it’s cut for running but perfect for road biking. £27 from their outlet shop

RealMan
    Free Member

I’m sort of looking for the same thing as you, and have been looking at this. Not cheap though.

rockhopper70

Too much money that gore.

Leku
    Free Member

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/royal/camo-jacket-ec019426?utm_source=email110520&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email

The Royal Camo Jacket is a lightweight, fully featured shower-proof jacket that stows away in its own pocket.

£15!

rockhopper70

Leku – thanks for the heads up on that. Just ordered one.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Any good waterproof packable jackets that stuff small?’ is closed to new replies.