Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • any good savings accounts/ISAs?
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Come into a bit of money and going to put a chunk in a savings account but have no idea where to start, I’m with RBS but is there someone who has a better service? cheers

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Martinsmoneytips will tell you the best deals, but nothing spectacular around at the moment unfortunately.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Put it all on red…I mean black….

GrahamS

Is it enough money that ploughing it into your mortgage would make more sense?

fontmoss
    Free Member

i don’t have a mortgage 😀

it’s not enough to put down a deposit though and tbh we’re prob not going to live where we are at the moment

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

They are all sh1te TBH.

Bonds are slightly better but not much.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

If you shop around you’ll get about 3% for a year – just remember to move it as soon as that year is up. That’s what my brother does – around £200k constantly moving around in various instant access accounts waiting till he finds a house he likes (but he has been looking for 4 years now)!

Rickos
    Free Member

Just done a Sainsbury’s ISA and they’re giving 2.6% with immediate access. Barnsley are doing 3% but not sure of any lock-ins or anything. For tax free (which is worth doing on good amounts of cash) it’s got to be an ISA or Premium Bonds.

cxi
    Free Member

If you want your savings to beat inflation, it’s a struggle. This article is from August but shows how little choice there is:

Just one in 1,528 non-Isa savings accounts beats inflation for higher rate taxpayers

For cash Isas, the only inflation-busting option is National Counties Building Society 2nd issue index-linked cash Isa – paying 1% above RPI until 2015.

Blow it on the Nags 😀

fontmoss
    Free Member

and they wonder why everyone hits up credit cards

i do owe my gf a big stack of cash maybe ill just give it to her

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘any good savings accounts/ISAs?’ is closed to new replies.