Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any good riding near Shipley?
  • FuzzyWuzzy

Looks like I have to go visit a client’s office in Shipley for a couple of days soon, seems close to the Yorkshire Dales and even closer to a moor (North) and another area (West) with a few reservoirs. Is the riding decent around there (wouldn’t want to travel more than about 15 miles in the car and prefer natural riding but on easily navigable trails (prob 20-35 miles depending on terrain)

cheese@4p

There’s absolutely loads of good riding around Shipley, Bingley, Baildon, Ilkley Moor,Ogden Moor, Oxenhope, Hebden Bridge without really needing to drive.
    I’m not that local anymore but I’m sure someone will be along with route info.

Simon

Loads of good riding straight out of Shipley, no need to get in the car. I’m injured otherwise I would’ve been happy to show you around.

chris_db
    Free Member

I’m in Otley. I’m familiar with the area, if you want to meet up I might be around depending on dates.

I’m not very fast up hill so you might want to hang around with someone fitter if you’re easily frustrated!

Chris

email in profile.

lemonysam
    Free Member

For a one off visitor in search of a really good local ride which a decent length but fairly easy to navigate:

ridemap by lemony2012, on Flickr

Clockwise starting in Harden. 46-ish km This is a cheeky-free version, it can be improved upon…

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Right out of my door in Shipley Many woods about and Baildon moor is only a short drop and climb away. Really should get out and try it.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

It oozes good riding around here(Halifax)/there(Shipley/Bingley).

Tess
    Free Member

Has anyone mentioned Shipley Glen yet, singletrack heaven on a plate , further along, Baildon Bank, Midgeley Wood,, Walker wood,, Trench wood or head out along the canal towards Leeds and go toBuck wood. Harden moor of course, heavenly trails there, all good, don’t get me started. I am Ill and off bike. Suggest Ask at All Terrain cycles in Saltaire, I believe they do evening rides from the shop.

Tess
    Free Member

Has anyone mentioned Shipley Glen yet, singletrack heaven on a plate , further along, Baildon Bank, Midgeley Wood,, Walker wood,, Trench wood or head out along the canal towards Leeds and go toBuck wood. Harden moor of course, heavenly trails there, all good, don’t get me started. I am Ill and off bike. Suggest Ask at All Terrain cycles in Saltaire, I believe they do evening rides from the shop.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Tess; really I might have to give them a call.

Mugboo

Drop me an email. If I’m available I’ll show you around.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any good riding near Shipley?’ is closed to new replies.