Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any good reasons why my freehub suddenly has a loud click?
  • big_scot_nanny

previously was pretty silent, now it sounds like a ProII.

American Classic AM 29er wheels, about 10 rides, good big ride on Sunday morning, got back, parked bike at back of house, then 30minutes later when I went to put it away the freewheel had suddenly got all loud and clicky.

Thought it was something in the disc at first, but no, it is the hub.

Any ideas? Is it terminal? How easy is it to take apart and see? Will I die? 😯

Got passportes coming up in a couple of weeks it will be dificult to complete doing an 80km endo. 🙂

Kev

scaredypants

maybe jetwashed/degreasered all the grease/oil out ? (ed – or some other shite washed in ?)
    (no idea what these hubs are like – may not be possible to do this)

kaesae
    Free Member

If the noise has changed call the uk distibutor and ask what they think, there isn’t any point in potentially damaging the hub for the sake of a call.

chunkymonkey1982
    Free Member

Maybe its just started to bed in…. Never had american classic hubs so do not know if its meant to be like that. I assume it still works ok, and engages as before? Maybe dirt in the hub?

big_scot_nanny

No washing at all, just stopped riding for 30 minutes.

Got them from Charlie tBM, will give him a call.

Yeah, still seems to work fine and engages as before, jsut a bit odd that it has gone from very quiet to very loud!

Hmmmmm

Timmo
    Free Member

mine have recently got a little louder (ac 26″ tubeless), where Very quiet before but now a nice sound comes from there, mine are 6 months old, quite a few rides in all weatheers, no jetwashing as dont own one, just normal bucket and sponge, hard bristled brush for cogs, just put it down to bedding in,
    if concerned give eurobike a ring (uk Dist.)

big_scot_nanny

Hey all, spoke to Russ at Eurobike, great help on the phone and all is good. Basically not an issue, just the grease wearing off (a good thing!).

Eurobike and Hope now in the top 2 for good phone response!

now, to sort that front wheel issue….

Thanks folks!

Kev

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any good reasons why my freehub suddenly has a loud click?’ is closed to new replies.