Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Any good PV panel installers in Leeds area?
  • CHB

I want to assess whether our house is suitable for installing PV panels on. I know someone who installed a setup in november last year and has already generated £700 on a modest set up.
    Can anyone recommend a company/installer in the Leeds area?

Ta!

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Drop me an email and i’ll send you a number for a guy I know

ton

Conrad, i can sell you what you need at trade price.

CHB

would need to find an installer and how to get registered for FIT scheme.
    Fancy a ride sunday morning to have a natter?

ton

i am off out for the day.
    1 night in the week maybe?

igm

Make sure it’s 3.68kVA or less or I’ll be sending the boys to see you (assuming it’s G83 stage one you’re after)

CHB

igm… am sure i can find from Google what that means, but care to explain? (Bit new to this!).
    Ton… to register for feed in tarif I need an accredited installer, so its back to my first question…anyone know any good installers? Ta

Smudger666

IGM – i’m guessing you work for one of the DNOs?

would love a chat off forum on this topic if you do……

email in profile if you have a minute.

CHB – the FIT tarrif drops from 43.3p to 38.3p at 4kWp, but the grid connection limit without a prior grid application is 16A per phase as laid down in regulation G83/1 – assuming the grid is 230V that means a max of 3.68kWp system can be fitted – lots of pretend installers outthere breaking the law by fitting 3.99kWp systems without a grid app.

Dudie
    Free Member

assuming the grid is 230V that means a max of 3.68kWp system can be fitted

Not quite true. It means a max. system size of 3.68kW (no ‘p’) can be fitted – this is the AC output rating and is generally achieved by fitting an inverter with the output limited to 16A or less. The kWp rating refers to the size of the PV array – ie. the DC rating. It is entirely feasible in many circumstances to install a 4kWp system, with an inverter limited to 3.68kW output. I am not a pretend installer and do not break the law by doing this. 😉

igm

Dudie – almost correct. It is the system that is G83 not the panels, but it is the parasitic load of the inverter you deduct from the panel output. The inverter rating is not really relevant.

Smudger – Head of System Design for YEDL and NEDL. Email me and we can take it from there.

CHB

igm: Can you get your “boys” to sort out the substation behind the post office in Woodlesford. It sends out RF interference at 433mhz which means that getting my car alarm to disarm within 50M of it sometimes takes 1-2 minutes of trying. 😀

Thanks for the advice so far. Am surprised on here that no one has had one of these fitted in the west yorkshire area and can recommend an installer (FunkyMonkey excepted…Ta!).

I was reading up on it last night and there are a vast array of panel types and inverters and whatnot to choose from… more research needed.

Anyone else had a system fitted and happy with the installer and results?

igm

CHB – unusual but it’s always possible it’s us. Have you contacted us already? Either way email me the details and I’ll get someone to look into it.

Dudie
    Free Member

The inverter rating is not really relevant.

That entirely depends on which DNO you talk to…… 😆

If Central Networks, or whatever they are called this week, want a system that cannot inject more than 16A onto their network and I fit an inverter that is incapable of delivering more than 16A then they could not care less what I hang onto the front of it. They’ve been happy with that approach since I first started notifying nearly a year ago. No point overcomplicating it.

Dudie – Head of PV system design for Dudie’s PV installation company.

igm

Fair enough – ask Stoner about Central Networks and their connections business. I think he enjoyed that after a little advice.

meehaja
    Free Member

I’ve seen a few about in Leeds recently, so someone is doing them, sadly our house didn’t meet the criteria for a “free” install (totally south facing, no tall trees, no big buildings near by, large roof etc.)

My dads partners company does this (amongst other eco-lectric things) but she says they’re not doing so many at the moment as the laws are changing or something? I’m sure the more learned chaps on here will clarify or correct me.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Contact Gigabiz, they are a big importer pv panels and Leeds based. I’m sure they put you in touch with someone

CHB

cheers craig.

Stoner
    Free Member

Fair enough – ask Stoner about Central Networks and their connections business. I think he enjoyed that after a little advice.

I did indeed.
    thieving bastards….

… until…

*igm to the rescue!!!!*

😉

totalshell

pv a bit like organic veg, everybody says its a great idea and will buy it but very few do
    my electrcian is qualified and advertises in manchester/ nw but in 6 months all he’s had are ‘enquires’ with the costs been a major factor.
    I have only seen one in rochdale/ oldham/ bury area.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Any good PV panel installers in Leeds area?’ is closed to new replies.