Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any good lightweight 70mm stems other than Ritchey?
  • glasgowdan
    Free Member

Just wondering if anyone has tried any of the ebay lightweight stems and can vouch for them, or any other brand? I’m looking for someonething around 100g if not lighter that will take general riding abuse. Hoping to get the bars/stem on my xc bike down from about 450g to 250g.

May end up with a Ritchey WCS if nothing else materialises.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve got WCS on my road bike, can’t think of a good reason not to use it.

radoggair
    Free Member

kcnc do amazingly light stuff. This should fit your bill perfectly ( and lighter than the ritchey stem, although i have the wcs)

cheap, superlight, used by top riders

Kryton57

Thomson?

drapper
    Free Member

Easton haven
    Raceface turbine
    truvativ aka

andyl
    Free Member

There is the On One/Sunline/Superster CNC stem which is about 116g in 70mm and well made.

Shameless plug as I have a SS one here to sell 😉

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Kryton57 – Member
    Thomson?

Thomson stems have never been lightweight.

Thanks for the suggestions. Andy, I’d consider the SS one if you give me details. The KCNC looks good though.

andyl
    Free Member

email send re. stem.

stumpy01

KCNC FlyRide stem is nice & light.
    Bontrager do some pretty light stems too.

Northwind

Depends on your “general riding abuse” I guess… I thought I’d be OK with an xc-designed KCNC on mine but it didn’t last very long before the faceplate cracked. They were quite cool about it- entirely my fault but they gave me a more suitable replacement for about 20% of the RRP anyway.

So I guess what I’m saying is, don’t push their margins, because they’re very good at what they do and therefore there is not that much margin to push. But use them for what they’re designed for and they’re bang on.

Anthony
    Free Member

Another vote for the 103g £25 KCNC Flyride. Have 2 and both been faultless.

footflaps

I use KCNC SC Wing Scandium Stems, come in at 83g for 80mm oversize.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any good lightweight 70mm stems other than Ritchey?’ is closed to new replies.