Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Any good deals on XC or AM full susser frames out there?
  • organic355
    Free Member

having dicovered a crack in my carbon hardtail I am looking for an XC full suss frame. (or possibly AM)

I really want a turner flux (maybe a 5 spot), but waiting until CRC has them on sale again.

So in the meantime i would like something relatively cheap (Sub £400) to keep me going and which I can swap all of my current bits over too (100mm SIDS, SRAM XO, American classic wheels). I would consider a 120-130mm frame and also look for some 120mm forks, but a 100mm travel frame would be the preference.

I have scoured ebay/gumtree and there are a few options. Anything else out there? – Need a medium 17″ ish frame ( I am 5’7″).

Cheers

ahwiles
    Free Member

kona dawg?

£450 – CRC.

linky

dickie
    Free Member

Get over to the classifieds & by the Ventana.

organic355
    Free Member

^^ too big for me!!

justridemtb
    Free Member

I have a Felt Virtue 3 frame and shock that would fit that I am seriously thinking of selling. Aluminium front triangle, carbon rear. In good conditon and near Huddersfield if thats any good.

organic355
    Free Member

what size? and any pics? how much?

justridemtb
    Free Member

17″, will take some pics later this aft and think on how much

organic355
    Free Member

reduced

not enough, CRC were selling the 2010’s off at £800 last year, I am hoping they will do the same with the 2011s this year once all of the 12’s are available. Still irks me that they haven’t reduced the black or blue in a medium and the rest are reduced though.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Organic355 – YGM

wrecker
    Free Member

not enough, CRC were selling the 2010’s off at £800 last year, I am hoping they will do the same with the 2011s this year once all of the 12’s are available.

I don’t think that’ll ever happen again unfortunately. Distributor caught with their pants down. New model with huge changes came out, 2011 to 2012 spots have have identical geo, the only real change is the bolt up rear. Seems like CRC and Merlin have the last of the 2011 stock and I reckon it’s as reduced as it’s getting.

dickie
    Free Member

The Ventana’s a 17″ medium, what you asked for, I wouldn’t of thought it was too big. My wife is 5’8″ & had one in 17″ – lovely frames, great attention to detail, very stiff, on a par or above compared to Turner.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Titus FTM or el gaupo (135mm and 150mm respectively)
    for £600 at on-one

organic355
    Free Member

The Ventana’s a 17″ medium, what you asked for

Sorry was looking at BIgsi’s El Capitan.

looks good but still a bit more than i wanted to spend.

What travel is the Ventana, and what forks would be suitable?

Its looking like I am going to need 120mm fork for most of these options and I have only got 100mm SIDS.

dickie
    Free Member

An El Ciclon is 140mm so your forks will be no good.

nobbyq
    Free Member

canyon strive size m with 2012 rp23 kashima 160mm fresh back from canyon service !

johnnystorm

Bikescene have those Spesh FSRs starting from £250……

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Bike scene +1 (pitch has gone upto £700 though)

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Check out my Chumba Vf2 in the classifieds

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Any good deals on XC or AM full susser frames out there?’ is closed to new replies.