Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Any good deals for DECENT inner tubes ?
  • oldfart

Wiggle have got 5 Conti's for about £16 .As good as it gets ?

brant
    Free Member

10 pack of Airwave tubes for £19.99?

(confession – I helped with sourcing on those.)

Notter
    Free Member

I've bought that Airwave pack, seem decent enough.

oldfart

Airwave ?Thought that was sweeties to help you breathe ! 😆
    I'll take a look i presume it's On One ?Brant so not see through and go straight down at the site of a p**** ?

andywarner
    Free Member

LBS might do you 3 for a tenner if you ask. Both of mine do (Big Bear in Pickering and Purple Mountain at Dalby)

MrTall
    Free Member

Ditto with the LBS – i get 3 bontrager tubes for a tenner.

Notter
    Free Member

CRC, not On-One…..Mr Richards has defected 😉 (I think!)

cinnamon_girl

Tubeless 😉

(Cos I don't know how to change one).

DezB
    Free Member

If you've got a Cycleworld Wessex near you – http://www.cycleworld.co.uk/page/95/Tubes

(if not p&p ruins the deal)

What are they on?

D0NK

merlin do 10 for £20 (unbranded), the last lot I got were raleigh which are decent enough. The brand used to be "nutrack" or something, presta were OK but schraeder valves were a bit iffy.

brant
    Free Member

CRC, not On-One…..Mr Richards has defected (I think!)

I left year ago!

Airwave are at CRC and also now available at lots of Hotlines dealers.

brianbrian
    Free Member

4 x Specialized for £11.74… thats cheap. specialized tubes x4

james
    Free Member

I found conti 1.75"(?) – 2.5" tubes second only to bontrager 1.75"-2.35" in crapness at resisting pinch punctures. 2.5" rating is a joke (as is the 2.35")
    I find specialized 1.5"-2.2" far better, though Raleigh (what merlin sell) 1.5"(?)-2.125" better still as they are thicker and inflate bigger (to fit much bigger than 2.125" tyres)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Tesco sell inner tubes for around £1.50 each.
    Quite often they are maked as Kendas when you take them out of the box, but in all seriousness, they are in no way worse than any other tube I've ever used.

judderman
    Free Member

Oldfart use your LBS cause you get free chips with every purchase 😉

18bikes

depending on where you are, we've got Schwalbe SV13/AV13 at £4 ea, 3 for a tenner, 5 for £16 etc, or even better at full box rates. P&P doesn't make sense on these on their own, but if you're local, or buying forks/frame etc, it can be worthwhile. Certainly fit the "decent" part!

mboy
    Free Member

If you HAVE to buy Inner Tubes (well I have to occassionally, but only for converting a rim ghetto tubeless) then if you can find them in your local Tesco/Sainsbury's they're usually £2 each or less…

Or if your local Tesco/Sainburys isn't big enough to have a bike dept. like mine aren't, Wilkinsons do them too… £1.84 each iirc. Oh, and likewise, these are branded as Kenda… Quality of them seems perfectly good enough to me… Certainly no worse than any other inner tube!

Now all you need to do, is buy 2, slit them open, pop a bit of sealant in and bob's your mother's brother! Ghetto-tubeless-tastic…

oldfart
    skinnysteel
    Free Member

Tried to buy 5 Conti inner tubes from Wiggle. Sent 1. Contacted them. Sent 3 more. Another contact and got the 5th. After all that I have to say that I, like James, found them to be second only to Bonty in terms of cr@pness.

takisawa2

Bought some from Tesco the other night. £2 each. Have compared them to a Kenda one I had. Exactly the same weight etc. Pretty certain they are identical.

handyman153
    Free Member

This is a absolute bargain. You do have to go over £20 for free delivery but you might as well buy 10.
    CLICK

JoeBones
    Free Member

Why do you luddite's still use tubes?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Any good deals for DECENT inner tubes ?’ is closed to new replies.