Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any good 29er custom wheel builds around ?
  • bunnerscj
    Free Member

Hello everyone,
    Looking for a pro 2 evo wheel build or perhaps american classic.
    Hoops are no good as the crest rim isnt strong enough.
    Wouldnt mind a go at the Mavic TN719 on evos perhaps ?
    Seen merlin and JRA, (none of which use the 719) any other
    Suggestions ?
    Got a pair of ‘flows’ but not a great lover of ztr rims to be honest.

Any ideas ?
    Cheers

Stoner
    Free Member

not sure those TN719s are that special.

I build all mine on Salsa rims, but they arent cheap.*

* actually I have a spare set Ive built on some Sun Equalizer rims that were a bargin, but not ridden enough on them to say how good they are. Got my rims for about £20 each. Back at full price at CRC now though unfortunately.

amplebrew

I used Just Riding Along to build my Hope’s on Crests and they haven’t missed a beat.

I don’t think they build on Mavic rims though or they certainly don’t list Mavic’s on their website.

I’ve also used CRC and Merlin on previous builds and they were also really good

JRA would be my 1st choice for any future builds though.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

my hoops with ZTR’s take a hammering, 18st fella bouncing down Lee Quarry is a good advert for Hope!

a11y

I’ve got one 29er wheel with a TN719 and they really aren’t anything special. I’ve got a set of Pro2 EVOs with ZTR Arch 29ers and they’re far nicer.

matthew_h
    Free Member

I build all the wheels for 18 Bikes and used to build all of JRA’s wheels and I’ve built plenty of 29er wheels. I’d be happy to build some up for you with your choice of rims, hubs and spokes.

Give me a shout in the shop on Friday when I’m back in. Contact details are on our website http://18bikes.co.uk/contact_18_bikes.php

thomthumb
    Free Member

merlin will prob do 719s if you email them. they’ve done stuf not listed for me in the past.

I built my 719s this time last year. they built well and have stayed straight.

tk46hal
    Free Member

I had a pair of Salsa Semi’s with Pro 2’s built for me at my LBS in Bradford. (Firth Cycles).

JohnClimber
    Free Member

+1 for Just Riding Along in Sheffield.

Give Jon a call and he’ll sort you out, he’s built several for me and they are 10/10 http://www.justridingalong.com/

ton

gold hope pro2 on Kris Holm rims.
    hefty but stronger than a strong thing.

Daffy

Stif Cycles built mine.

jonwebb

I…used to build all of JRA’s wheels and I’ve built plenty of 29er wheels.

Just a quick post to put the record straight as this isn’t the first time this has come up. We’ve been building wheels for about 6 years. matthew_h worked for us for 9 months until June 2010 during which time we taught him to lace wheels and add some tension to them. I finish them. He did not build all of our wheels and never finished any customers’ wheels to the final stage.

If anyone would like a Just Riding Along wheel build please contact us directly!

Thank you.

Jon

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any good 29er custom wheel builds around ?’ is closed to new replies.