Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Any Frame Bargains out there
  • Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Anyone know of any on-line shops with any frame bargains? either 100-140mm FS or Titanium hardtails? searching the net is doing my head in!

cheers

ojom
    Free Member

Any use http://www.thebikechain.co.uk/store/product/23467/Whyte-19-Steel-Frame—Medium/

You can use STWTBC code to get some pennies off.

Check our ex-demo for a Ragley Ti as well. We may split it if you were keen.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Hi thanks but the Whyte is not really what I am after and I think they Ti frame may be out of my price range, im really looking for either huge sale discount or EX demo really I was after 2nd hand unless a bargain came up from a shop!

solarider
    Free Member

Some great offers on at Rutland, particularly on Intense.

http://www.rutlandcycling.com/g/15/Bike-Frames.html

Check out their frames above. Don't just click on 'clearance frames', go into the individual categories. Not the best web design admitedly.

Just ordered a new DH frame at a great price.

BoardinBob

Half price Giant Trance Advanced frame

http://paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m6b4s26p1595

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

ccheers sola, will have a look later, some good prices there, basically I have £800 for a frame and forks, may be I need to go 2nd hand for a nice Ti or consider none ti to keep the price down, I guess there is always on one for a cheap frame…. keep em coming!

Bregante

speaking of bargains on intense. complete bike but 😯

http://www.coventrycyclecentre.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b5s1p838

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Blmey, surely that Intense is secondhand?!

Forks alone cost near on £800, wheels about £300.. blimey blimey

v10
    Free Member

Solarider – im working on the frame section later in the week!

What sort of height are you?

Got good deals on small Yeti 575s and 16" ST4's

1 Large Intense Spider FRO left 1x Medium 5.5 EVP which ill do a deal on

Got a very lightly used 20" 08 Dawg Supreme Frame going cheap and also a 2010 Anthem X Frame in Medium which has a mark so can do a little tweak.

Nothing on offer in Ti HT – just carrying the usual Ragley/Hummer stock.

solarider
    Free Member

Well, if it helps on the forks front to free up a bit more for the frame, I have a set of SID Race forks. 2010 specification with handlebar poploc. Just like these (black)

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/marzocchi-and-rockshox-suspension-forks/rockshox-suspension-forks/rockshox-sid-race-2010.html

I run Teams on my other bikes, and I can't tell the difference.

The DH frame is going out to our house in the Alps where I am stripping the frame these are on to build it up.

I'll then be selling the frame and forks as a package for £300, or perhaps more relevant to you the frame or forks for £150 each. I built the bike up last summer, but the riding over there is just too gnarly to have fun on a HT, hence the DH purchase. Also hence they have been ridden maybe 4 times and covered less than 100 miles and are imacculate. I'll be bringing them back in the 2nd week of February after we have been over there skiing. Let me know if you might be interested.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Could I suggest you ask Ton? (Runs away to hide)

showerman
    Free Member

yeti frames £899 in sale
    http://www.philcorleycycles.co.uk/
    give a them call as not on their web got some nice spech deals as well

si-wilson
    Free Member

I have an ex demo white Chumba XCL frame, barely used in excellent condition for £725

Tiboy

v10, if you do sell your iron horse as a complete bike we'll be after a 16"ish frame too, so would be interested to know if any deals came around, cheers!

edit: and Si, what size is the chumba? cheers

si-wilson
    Free Member

Ooops, medium 🙂

Tiboy

phew, glad i didn't show the Mrs T then, she would have got all excited at a white frame, and then angry with me for it being the wrong size!

v10
    Free Member

TiBoy was just thinking about these actually:Clicky

If you interested (and it will be the colour that swings it) let me know as i might be able to free up a 16" frame. 😉

Tiboy

v10, thanks but colour/shape doesn't do it for her, if anything else comes up give me a shout, can stretch the budget if it's a good one.

si-wilson
    Free Member

What size do you need?

v10
    Free Member

Not a problem, tis a bit of a horrid colour 😆

Would be able to do you a small 09 wolf frame for £700 (White 6.9/Orange 6.8). ST4 we have at 799 too but not much else around that size or price point and nothing on the horizon either!

trickydisco
    Free Member

what's the travel on that chumba?

Tiboy

v10 thanks, but the st4 is a bit out our range and she just doesn't like the wolf ridges, they are a bit of an acquired taste! thanks for looking though, cheers!

Si we'd be after a small I think, she's 5'5" and currently rides a 16.5" HT frame.

oxnop
    Free Member

Si, did you get my email today?

si-wilson
    Free Member

Jon YGM.

Si we'd be after a small I think, she's 5'5" and currently rides a 16.5" HT frame.

How about a new small or XS any colour you like for £775?

si-wilson
    Free Member

what's the travel on that chumba?

5 inch!

Tiboy

Si, thanks we'll get in touch if nothing decent comes up 2nd hand. Cheers!

Marge
    Free Member

Sorry to hop in to the topic in such a manner but:

@ Solarider…

I'd be interested in your forks….

Crell
    Free Member

Sorry for another hijack, but I'm after a 12 / 13 / 14 inch frame to build up for my son. 80 to 100mm Hard tail preferred. I've spotted the 14" on one inbreds, but keen to see what else is out there in bargain land.

Cheers!

julesf7
    Free Member

TBC, I would have that Ragley if it was full-sized… but if you do end up splitting, can I make an offer for the cranks and brakes, please?

solarider
    Free Member

Marge – YGM. Let me know if you want 1st dibs. They'll be ready to ship after 13th February when I bring them back. Apologies for the hijack too!

Chris_Cov_Cycles
    Free Member

The Tracer is NEW not secondhand!! Just passing a killer deal on in our New Year Sale. 😉

Got some clearance prices on 2009 BMC frames too.

Cheers
    Chris

letmetalktomark

@ solarider

Interested, pending further information, in your RM frame.

Couldn't see an email in your profile so would you mind dropping me one?

solarider
    Free Member

letmetalktomark. YGM

Bregante

The Tracer is NEW not secondhand

😯 that's v.tempting!!!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I wish someone would buy it. Before I do. Then I would have some more explaining to do.

druidh
    Free Member

We've had loads of clicks on that Whyte 19 link from yesterday. Is there an unsatisifed demand for his type of frame outside of a full build?

DT78
    Free Member

in response to onion – If I'm clicking the right link – I imagine it's a fantastic frame but its a steel hardtail frame at over £600.

Call me a heathen but when there are such affordable frames out there it rules it out for me.

I ride a duster (frame retails at around £300ish?) is it really twice as good?

On-ones at £150ish – is it 4 times better?

Just my thought process – £600 is alot for a frame that doesn't appear to offer that much on top of the frames mentioned above…

druidh
    Free Member

DT78 – dunno the answer. I guess that Whyte have always had a certain caché. I was genuinely curious about the deamand side though.

DT78
    Free Member

Don't get me wrong, a whyte is on my list of bikes I'd love to own, but if I had £600 to spend on a hard tail frame I'd be looking to second hand ti. Just my opinion!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Any Frame Bargains out there’ is closed to new replies.