Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Any experiences with thermal wallpaper?
  • Earl
    Free Member

Just to take the chill off a single skinned wall.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Yeah, just did two rooms with it. It makes a noticeable difference. Not the easiest of stuff to use as it’s so thick. Best for walls without windows.

bonchance
    Free Member

room may seem to heat quicker, but in my experience it’s a very minor difference sadly.

You can check it’s ‘U’ value vs faffage to install.

There is a pricey liner with a worthwhile U value (something xxxgel?)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/energy-bills/11145307/Is-thermal-wallpaper-a-cost-effective-way-of-insulating-my-cold-walls.html

hammyuk
    Free Member

Over skin with Kingspan backed plasterboards.

Earl
    Free Member

We just had the whole house hacked back to brick and drywalled about 2 years ago. Unfortunately, I knew nothing about diy or insulating products at the time and the builder didn’t suggest insulated plasterboard. So it didn’t get done.

Can I plaster board on top of plasterboard?

teenrat

I used KV600 thermal liner from go wallpaper with a fibreliner paper over the top. The room used to get condensation on the walls as they were very cold. Since i used this, there is no condensation and the room is warmer. Its easy to put up but is quite pricy as you need the special paste to put it up, however, it works.

Earl
    Free Member

Wow that is expensive stuff – but its certainly a option if it works. I’ll have a good look.

tbh I I had my way i would cork tile all the walls….

teenrat

I used it as the room is relatively small and as such i didnt want to encroach on the space by dry lining the walls. If i was you, I would certainly consider dot and dabbing insulated plasterboard to the existing wall

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

interesting, saving this thread.

senorj

Me too.

bigh
    Free Member

Anaglypta wallrock thermal lining paper. I’ve not used it but I’m hoping a customer will want it soon. Gotta be better than that awful warmelene stuff.

hammyuk
    Free Member

“Anaglypta” – that word strikes fear into the hearts of decorators everywhere…..

captaindanger

Physics suggests it won’t work very well (it is too thin). It may have a low emissivity/absorptivity which may help you lose less radiant heat to the cold walls, but it won’t let you maintain a higher air temperature for less energy. If you have the space, insulate the walls properly

29erKeith
    Free Member

bonchance – something xxxgel? = AeroGel

Amazing U Value for thickness but stupidly expensive from what I remember, I looked at it but decided against it when I saw the price. Difficult to get hold of it too by the looks of it, I think it was developed for Space flight.

hooli

As has been said above, if you can spare a few cm’s, def look at putting insulated plasterboard up.

MadBillMcMad

bookmarked

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Any experiences with thermal wallpaper?’ is closed to new replies.