Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Any experience of this cheap dropper post
  • StuF

Any experience of this cheap dropper post
    Redneck Dropper?

Or any other suggestions, I need a 27.2mm dropper to fit my old Cove HJ. Probably needs to be externally routed as the frame isn’t drilled for an internal one, and there is such limited choice unless I fork out for a thompson one that would probably be worth more than the bike.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

You can always drill a hole. Plenty of people do it.

docgeoffyjones

Ks eten?

pickle
    Free Member

Brand X do an external routed one which looks nice and tidy with no cable loop when pushed down.

pickle
    Free Member

Sorry just looked and it’s not 27.2 🙁

rickonwheels
    Free Member

Ks e-ten 27.2 (air spring/hydraulic, but cable actuated, external) works a treat on my son’s bike:-

KS eTEN 100mm Dropper Seatpost

Like gold-dust though, it seems!

madxela
    Free Member

+1 for the KS…I managed to pick one up from a german website last year, getting hard to find even then.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

test in bikeradar:

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/article/cheap-dropper-seatpost-test-ks-eten-vs-rsp-plummet-49107/

Friend of mine uses the KS since one year. No problem so far.
    Personally might pick the RSP. The saddle mount appears to be a bit better. RSP a couple more bucks expensive than the KS.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I used an X Fusion on my Cove it was pretty bullet proof, they seem to have become expensive now though.

chowsh
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Height-adjustable-Bike-Vario-Seat-post-Kind-Shock-ETEN-27-2mm-400mm-long/201865036182?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
    Goes up and down, not internal routing on my bike. Not had anything else to compare to. Copes with my 100Kg+ so far.

rickonwheels
    Free Member

Personally might pick the RSP. The saddle mount appears to be a bit better. RSP a couple more bucks expensive than the KS.

I don’t think the RSP plummet in that article comes in 27.2?

I used to have an older RSP Plummet that was 27.2, but it was a completely different beast – spring loaded, mechanical system with notches like this one:-

RSP Plummet | The cheapest dropper seatpost we’ve ever seen, and it works!

It broke after about a year, not recommended!

jamesoz

StuF – Member
    Any experience of this cheap dropper post
    Redneck Dropper?

Or any other suggestions, I need a 27.2mm dropper to fit my old Cove HJ. Probably needs to be externally routed as the frame isn’t drilled for an internal one, and there is such limited choice unless I fork out for a thompson one that would probably be worth more than the bike.

Had a Red Neck dropper. The bottom of the seat clamp assembly snapped. It functioned ok and for the record I weigh 100kg.

Was using a KS cruxi 27.2 internally routed post with the cable running through a bottle boss (no drilling) but the cartridge has failed and I need to sort it out.
    Also have a Ks Vario with the lever on the post, works well with a little tiny amount of sag. Again the cartridge needs replacement. All the low end KS posts use a sealed cartridge which is annoying also the minimum insertion can be a bit stingy.

StuF

Went for one of the KS eTens ordered from amazon.

Will report back once it turns up.

surfingobo
    Free Member

I’ve done about half a year on my redneck dropper. It’s clunky, the lever is a bit rubbish but it requires zero maintenance and feels bomb proof. I’d buy another

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Any experience of this cheap dropper post’ is closed to new replies.