Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any experience of the Buzzrack Buffalo or Quattro?
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Looking for a 4 bike towbar mounted carrier that is

a) easy for a technophobe to safely attach to the towbar, and

b) easy for the same person to securely attach four bikes.

Pros/cons of hanging vs wheel mounted? Storage space no issue.

Our MaxxRaxx will be getting sold because this individual decided just from looking at it that it was ‘too complicated’ to use 🙄

These seem a good bit less than Thule.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I have BuzzRack 3 bike tilting carrier similar to the ones on the RoofBox.co.uk website. It is solid and easy to use.

The only issue is that I cannot easily use the innermost position and still open the tailgate. This is on a Berlingo and it is due to the very vertical design of the tailgate. On a hatchback with the hinge further forward of the boot lip this will be much less of an issue. 750mm bars do not help.

I bought it cheap as a returned item from Roofbox.co.uk. It was in perfect condition and I am very pleased with it. It is WAY better than the Thule RideOn 9503. It is very robust and will probably outlast a number of vehicles.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Do you think one of the wheel holding ones will be easier for a short and less strong person to load than a hanging one?

ElShalimo

I’ve got a 5yr old BuzzRack BuzzRunner 3 and it’s been great
    Roofbox do a newer 3 and 4 bike version. Give them a call they’re really helpful and knowledgable

ElShalimo

TGA – I won’t lie, they are quite heavy but actually easy to fit on the ball of the tow bar but if you need to load 4 bikes, you’re likely to have help at hand

The benefits of the platform style rack easily outweigh the small issues

thegreatape
    Free Member

It is not me that is a weed – how VERY dare you!

It’s for when the Mrs takes the three kids – if there’s all five of us I can stick one on the roof. Sounds like the platform rack may be better for her. Less height to lift them on I guess.

I will probably use roofbox, got my roof rack and box from them, and the maxxraxx (which I quite like, but she can’t get it on the car). I agree, they’re very good.

Simon

We’ve got the Quattro. It’s fairly easy to use but it’s very, very heavy.
    What’s complicated about the Maxxraxx?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Nothing. I can’t understand why she cant grasp the procedure for attaching it to the car and the bikes to it. But she can’t, or won’t, and there we are!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It is WAY better than the Thule RideOn 9503

TW, as someone who has a 9503 and gets fed up of all the fettling to avoid rub points, is the Buzz rack any better? is there clearance between rear axles and fork lowers with 3 bikes loaded, without the need for foam etc?.

If so, I’m in.

ElShalimo

I’ve had 3 bikes on the rack many times and never had clearance issues

wwaswas

I always say this on 4 bike rack threads but…

Check the max nose weight for your towball – 75kg isn’t unusual.

A heavy bike rack (The quattro is 20kg) plus 4 bikes (kids bikes seem to weigh a ton) can get pretty close to or exceed that easily.

I have the Buffalo one – I’ve struggled to get 4 bikes on it – it needs careful planning and lots of pipe lagging on the frames to stop them rubbing. Kids bikes in particular are difficult to get on it easily. It’s fine for a quick way to get a couple of bikes around and is very small folded but for regularly transporting 4 bikes I wouldn’t buy it.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Ok cheers. Weight may be an issue for her fitting it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any experience of the Buzzrack Buffalo or Quattro?’ is closed to new replies.