Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any electricians in the house – prices
  • technicallyinept
    Free Member

I need a new front plate fitting to an existing socket and a new double socket installing – an idea of a ballpark figure?

(Oop north in Manchester)

montylikesbeer

£120 would be about right

GrahamA
    Free Member

If you just want to convert a single gang to a double gang you can use on of these

More info here

You can also convert a double to a triple gang. I think that they are a little deeper than a normal plug socket.

BadlyWiredDog

Whereabouts are you based? My mate is a mountain biking sparky, based on the Manchester side of the Peak, if you’re not too far away, I can put you in touch.

nellyp
    Free Member

It really does depend on where your new socket is going and whether you want it surface mounted (using mini trunking) or chased into the walls and made good afterwards.

Without seeing it, very ballpark £150

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Thanks all.

Badly Wired Dog – I’m in Streford, could I get your mate’s number? Might be a too far away but doesn’t hurt to ask.

(email in profile)

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Another question.

Assuming the new socket is fitted as a spur and that’s really a glorified extension, can anyone see a problem with me using a single gang heavy duty extension cable placed in trunking and daisy chaining a short multi gang thingy off of that?

The extension would 4 to 5m long.
    It’s in a bedroom so would have things like a lamp, tv, booster aerial, dvd, speakers etc plugged in.

totalshell

20 quids worth of bits and an hours time for the spark as long as you make good say max 80 quid in central manc in rochdale more like 60 all in..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any electricians in the house – prices’ is closed to new replies.