Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Any Easton XC One Wheelset users out there?
  • glenncampbell

Hi All,

Had my XC One wheels for 5 weeks now and really liked them up until the point this morning when I hopped over a little log (maybe 7 – 8 inches high) on the trail and for no apparent reason whatsoever the front wheel buckled badly on the nice, easy and soft landing. Have any of you had a similar problem? Any recommendations on different, stronger spokes to replace the existing ones with or am I stuck with Easton's own? Thanks in advance!

jazid
    Free Member

I've a set and love them for racing, but would never take them to wales or glentress for fear of tacoing them.

How did you the problem resolved in the end?

Fwiw I found the biggest weight saving is with the rear wheel over my bontrager race wheelset, so you might consider replacing the front with a hope or similar.

glenncampbell

Hi,

Just got a new front rim for it and called it quits there – they're still in the garage and I've not used them since! Fair play on the hope point – I bought a set of Pro 2 hubs with XR400 rims and they're fab – no worries on those wheels!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Any Easton XC One Wheelset users out there?’ is closed to new replies.