Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Any Doctors about?
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Lately,I have been getting aches and shooting pains in my right hand side lower back,groin,hamstring(feels tight)calf and foot.Can come on when sitting,moving or exercising and go away with same.Its starting to get depressing,not least because I,m afraid to cycle.Any help much appreciated.Neil.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Oh and I,m 53 and have done rather alot of hiking.Cheers

Drac

Visit a GP.

scotroutes

AIDS. The bad kind.

What did your GP suggest?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Tight illiotibial band.Go see a physio and ask them to make you cry.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Thanks drac,big help help there.Never heard of illiotibial band before.I will try and see a Doctor tomorrow.Just hoping my fellow athletes might have some insights.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Just stiff right hamstring right now.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Could be sciatic-nerve related – but go see your gp or you’ll worry yourself silly

martinhutch

I’d go straight to a decent sports physio with that one.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Of too the docs,fed up with waiting for it to get better.

mogrim

Sounds far more like sciatica than illiotibial band, if it’s lower back too. GP or physio, though, as internet diagnosis is iffy at best…

DrP

Sorry, I wasn’t listening…
    Say again?

DrP

Rorschach
    Free Member

my fellow athletes

only ‘athletes’ on here are the darts players 😉

yosemitepaul

Why waste a good GP’s time? If you are that concerned about an ache and pain, post the question on a cycle forum. Even better Dr Google it. I’m sure you’ll get the correct diagnosis. Then you can lie in bed worrying about it until you get so concerned that you need to see a Dr!

njee20
    Free Member

Why waste a good GP’s time

Not an issue – DrP’s here!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Lot of grumpy people in this place lately.I,ve been to see a GP who didn’t seem to bothered apart from prescribing pills(Which I rejected for gel).Also been told to ring a physio for advice/help.Went on a seated massage machine today and could feel a bit of pain in my lower back.Groin and shin ached this afternoon.
    Question is,if I man up and exercise will I cause further damage?Doc didn’t seem to think so.Ummm…

molgrips
    Free Member

Probably.

I’d be stretching.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Any Doctors about?

Apparently you found one at your local surgery. But since they tried to prescribe you pills which you didn’t want, and didn’t answer your question to your satisfaction, I really wouldn’t bother asking any on here.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

As well as giving the physio a call I’d maybe try some gentle yoga poses (cat and cow) to stretch and mobilise the spine

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Is it me or is this place becoming more obnoxious by the month?Neil

footflaps

Not a lot a Doc can do in 10 mins. If you have a tight IT Band or tight muscles etc, it will take a few Physio sessions and a lot of home work to sort it, which is several hours effort over several weeks.

By GP standards you’re not exactly a high priority.

Just go see a physio.

leffeboy

Is it me or is this place becoming more obnoxious by the month?

fairly typical for a medical question but tbf it would have helped to mention that you had already seen a gp. I’m the same age and have similar sorts of worries. I’m always caught between doing lots of rest until things are completely better or pushing them gently to help them along. Never really know which is best but liking the Yoga app that’s been mentioned on here are few times

shermer75
    Free Member

Get yourself to a Physio, they’ll be able to sort it out

shermer75
    Free Member

Many trusts let you self refer, so give them a call and and they’ll get you an appointment

ratherbeintobago

fairly typical for a medical question

Because there’s a raft of GMC advice about not offering diagnostic advice on internet forums, you’re unlikely to get a sensible opinion if you ask for medical advice. That’s just how it is.

Even if I was willing to offer an opinion on here, I don’t know enough about these unimportant subdiaphragmatic structures to be able to give meaningful advice anyway.

shermer75
    Free Member

unimportant subdiaphragmatic structures

Isn’t this what we use for most of our thinking?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Goodnight,sleep tight.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Any Doctors about?’ is closed to new replies.