Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Any DJ Shadow fans in da house?
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

Listen to the new album The Less You Know The Better

Hope this is as good as previous albums.

passtherizla
    Free Member

unless its as good as his first I won’t be bothering.

TimP
    Free Member

Giving it a try. Heard one track on Zane Lowe one evening a while back and didn’t really get it/enjoy it, but it has started well…

z1ppy

I Gotta Rokk EP is good IMHO, and I like lots of his work (I have 39 albums [complications]…), though he got some much varied stuff, I’ve yet to listen to it all.

UNKLE has some stuff out soon as well, [Mr Burns voice]EXCELLENT[/Mr. Burns voice]

Milkie
    Free Member

..Liking track 1 & 2 so far…!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

First two albums were decent, the last one I heard was whack.

He was good when I saw him live in Toronto though, a few years back.

sssimon
    Free Member

good show on 6 music listen again at present about the music that enspires endtroducing, love the first two albums but the outsider left me cold and I haven’t listened to it since about a week after it came out.

must have a listen later

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Saw him live recently in Cardiff – he was good but loud…

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve already got it 8)

ijs445ra
    Free Member

I am looking forward to it, I have not heard any of the tracks yet but, even if it is not his best, a bad DJ Shadow album is better than 99% of the pish that is being trotted out by other artists at present.

Pyro

Depends which album. Liked UNKLE and some other bits, was absolutely blown away by Brainfreeze, but some other stuff didn’t impress.

yunki
    Free Member

I’m not really a fan as such but I’m looking forward to having a listen..

kudos100
    Free Member

Entroducing is one of the best albums of all time. Second album was ok, nothing special. I won’t get my hopes up for this, but will have a listen.

Mister-P
    Free Member

UNKLE has some stuff out soon as well, [Mr Burns voice]EXCELLENT[/Mr. Burns voice]

Tell me more z1ppy

I have seen UNKLE live 5 or 6 times already but would happily see them again and new material is usually followed by a tour.

maxray
    Free Member

Liking that!

Haven’t listened to him since the likes of Organ Donor/Midnight in a Perfect world, think I may well be tempted to get this.

z1ppy

Mister P they release the EP “Only The Lonely” and for some reason I had the idea an (or found info I can’t now) that a new album would follow..

speaker2animals

As said Endtroducing is superb, don’t know his 2nd album at all and was bitterly disappointed by The Outsider apart from a track or two. So not anticipating any great rush to hear it.

Always interested in new UNKLE stuff though. Went in a pub last night with an open mike thing on a there was a vocalist/acoustic guitar/drums doing F.E.A.R. – very surprised and impressed.

z1ppy

cheer Dezb, I had thought it wasn’t out till october.. 😈

xiphon
    Free Member

I have a very very good 1hr shadow mix – either done by him or someone else (no credits on the mp3 tags). I can sent it to people if they wish…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member
    trailmonkey

endtroducing takes me back to a personally special time and place in the world. it’s unfair on dj s to expect him to do that twice in his career.

but i’ll give it a listen anyway 8)

rewski
    Free Member

Endtroducing was revolutionary and IMO impossible to better. Always willing to give his new stuff a listen, the last ep has some good moments, wasn’t keen on the male vocalist though.

The Brainfreeze Mix was pretty good too.

althepal

Xiphon, email in profile. Would appreciate if I could have a listen.
    Saw him about ten years ago supporting radiohead. Good set!

z1ppy

xiphon ygm..

maccruiskeen

xiphon
    Free Member

I’m sending the shadow mix to z1ppy (via sendspace) – taking about 20mins to upload.

If z1ppy could send it onto althepal, and so on, that would be ace. (I’m at work, waiting for it to finish before I can leave 🙂 )

xiphon
    Free Member
    kudos100
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmzHRGoKca0[/video]

It doesn’t get any better than this. Pure magic.

Kit
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads-up, I really enjoyed that! Much better than The Outsider, although he did say on Radio 6 the other day that it was a very personal album for him, so I guess he wasn’t bothered about critical acclaim.

wonnyj
    Free Member

I thought The Outsider was excellent. Not a seminal alblum like endtroducing but that was never gonna happen.

His interview (part 1) on 6music on sunday was pretty interesting as well. Part 2 this weekend i think

Harris
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxOTbkrAfc[video]

Oh the drums….

I am technically inept.

kimbers

endtorducing is one of the best albums ever
    i still quite like pre-emptive strike and private press, his work with unkle was awesome too
    outsider was a miss for me but the new one sounds good!

ajf
    Free Member

Have a dig around quannum project. I think thats some of his best stuff since entroducing. Just don’t expect those drums.

z1ppy

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxOTbkrAfc[/video]

Harris you just missed off a / from in front of the word video at the end of the link (within the brackets).

Cheers again Xiphon for the mix mp3

grum
    Free Member

I’m enjoying so far, will definitely be getting it. Oh and thanks for the mix.

Del

ta for the mix too. looking forward to it.
    good man!

xiphon
    Free Member

Glad you all enjoyed the mix. No idea who actually did it though!

DezB
    Free Member

I thought Private Press was some of his best stuff after Endtro..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMfECYsFKes[/video]

emsz
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujLzS2aXDJs[/video]

all these posts, they only DJ Shadow track worth a listen 😀

DezB
    Free Member

The ONLY one?
    gedouttahere!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Any DJ Shadow fans in da house?’ is closed to new replies.