Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Any disc brakes that don't rub, squeal or need constant adjustment?
  • ratadog

+1 for BB7s

joemarshall
    Free Member

aurigas, powerful enough for most xc stuff and only squeal when salty and i've never needed to adjust them at all. the only time i've needed to do anything to them is when i snapped the lever.

I've got these too, (Auriga Comp), and whilst they work very well (and the only thing that's gone wrong is the pad wearing out), they seem pretty squeaky on wet rides.

Joe

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

xt all the way..

had elixir cr's, hope tech x2's, juicy 5's….

all of which were an aboslute ball ache, elixir's constantly catching, and even when i thought they were aligned centered running free etc, after about a mile they were catching again 🙁

tech x2's were noisy as can be, part of the reason i ditched them, were better with floating rotors, but still as soon as a smidge of damp/cold got near them, they didnt stop howling the whole ride…..

juicy's well, a combination of both the above….

current xt's, loads loads better, always run free either side of the pads, perfect clearance…very very little noise apart from the wet/cold….must admit i went out saturday and it was still muddy/wet on the ground and i had no noise at all throughout the ride, dont know whether its cos the temp has risen slightly too it may have helped……i also upgraded to the xt floating rotors and they have been all but silent apart from in the rain (im pretty sure when its raining directly on your brakes/rotors all brakes squeal right??!?!?!) , floating rotors imo are quieter than standard rotors, and even then after a sharp braking session on the xt's its cleared, they never ever ever ever ever catch/rub something i was constantly having to fight against with the others and something that was equally as annoying as squelling the sound of something catching on every rotation :(….the noise also never cleared on the tech x2's until it was bone dry or completely dried out the brakes regardless of how much i was braking 🙁

all in all the only time ive had to touch the xt's in 6 months is to realign if ive had the wheel off….

imo the best brake that ive tried by some country mile….

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Any disc brakes that don't rub, squeal or need constant adjustment?’ is closed to new replies.