Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • any disc brake set deals online?
  • jools182
    Free Member

Anyone know of any deals around at the moment?

Looks like the rear brake on mine has totally given up (hayes stroker) but they are about 5 years old

Probably time for new ones

jools182
    Free Member

Anybody know of any deals apart from merlin?

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Ribble is always worth a look

mazdarati

Formula have good deals on their online store for 2007/08 models

http://store.formula-brake.com/special_offers

jools182
    Free Member

anyone any experience of the mega or the k24’s?

looks like they’re sold out of the ones

flyingmonkeycorps

Clarks Skeletal on CRC? Use the same pads as Magura Marta and are pretty cheap too…

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=54409

**edit** I have Formula The Ones and they’re amazing. Some folk seem to have had problems with them but thus far (with a bit of fettling – it’s important to get them centred right to avoid uneven pad wear, and the pistons didn’t quite move evenly out the box) they’ve been amazing. Ridiculously powerful with tons of modulation. I believe the Megas are pretty similar but with a two piece caliper and no tool free adjustment – no massive loss.

Main problem is that the lever throw is very long – takes a bit of getting used to, but I love it now.

triple_s

I recently got a set of K18s dierct from Formula, very imprerssed! Took less than a week to get here from Italy much better than my old XTs.

mazdarati

Hey jools,

you need to click through all 3 pages of special offers, think there still are some k24s left. I think CRC have k24s on offer too but a little dearer.

nosedive
    Free Member

apparently CRC have bought up a massive stock of 2010 avid elixir and juicy. I managed to get a brand new rear 185 elixir r for 69.99 from JE James by getting them to price match. If you can be flexible on size you can get a pair of elixir R SL for £160 at the moment and there are other deals on elixir 3 and juicy

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘any disc brake set deals online?’ is closed to new replies.