Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Any dentists on here? Need some advice please
  • hitman
    Free Member

Recently went for a check up at dentist. Been with practice for ages but after a gap of some time I’ve seen a number of different dentists at the same practice. Seeing a new dentist for the second time for a filling, I mention two discoloured areas on front teeth which I thought may be decay. After completing the filing the dentist offered to polish the stains out. I agreed but when I got home and the anaesthetic had worn off I realised quite a substantial amount of tooth had been removed. This gives one of the teeth in particular a slightly protuding look. On return visit to the dentist I explained my concerns and he offered to fill the area. I enquired about teeth whitening and was told this would remove all stains ( which makes me wonder why I wasn’t offered this as an option to remove the original stains?) but that stains would show along the join or any front fillings. I can’t but help tlhink it may have been a mistake by the dentist to remove so much tooth in the first case without alerting me to this fact – polish out did not suggest this in my opinion.
    So dentists am I being too sensitive, is what was carried out standard practice and what should I do now ?( other than MTFU)
    cheers

Frankenstein
    Free Member

He made a mistake? talk to the British Dental Assoc.

Went to dentist as I damaged my teeth from kick boxing shattered my gum shield etc.

He said nice and clean and was starting to get ready to do something as my front teeth was slighly uneven.

I asked and he replied he was going to break my front teeth, build up and cap them as it was cheap and he could claim it from the NHS.
    If I didn’t ask he would have messed my mouth up more than my sparring partner!

I said no thanks and was referred for braces by another dentist for 6 months which I paid £2000 and happy.

They don’t always get it right so get a second opinion.

I don’t do kick boxing anymore…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Any dentists on here? Need some advice please’ is closed to new replies.