Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • any decent routes in forest of dean
  • armchairbiker

I have a client meeting near the forest of dean tomorrow and really tempted to take the bike.

any recommended routes? I seem to recall a MBR with a decent trail centre route mentioned

MadBillMcMad

bike shop here

the bike specific trails are all in this enclosure

You are best sticking in here during daylight hours.
    Every where else you will be running over people.

armchairbiker

thanks

sheldona
    Free Member

The Fodka trails starts from the Pedalabikeaway cyclecenter but is short. there are no other waymarked trails there. You'll just have to follow your nose really, theres miles upon miles of great riding to be had but to get the most out of the FOD you'll need a local.

CountZero

What sheldona sez. North of the Bike Centre there's miles of stuff through the trees, but it's damn difficult to find unless you have a good guide. I've ridden there loads of times with a mate from John's Bikes in Bath, and I'm sure I'd struggle to find any of the trails we've ridden. Hours of fun to be had up there, though.

psling
    Free Member

Bring your wellies. Although a lot of the Forest drains pretty well, it's been pi55ing it down all day here 🙁

If you call into the Pedalabikeaway Centre (as bike shop on map link above) they can point you towards some decent riding. Fit some TrailRakers or similar though !

singlespeedstu

I hear there's going to be some kind of a gathering in the FoD soon. 😉

psling
    Free Member

Ah, the Sheep Badgers & Morris Tossers Convention. Kitted out in finest ti sprockets and leather bar-tape streamers to the highest EEC standards. Bling it on…

singlespeedstu

OH YES. 😆

mattsccm
    Free Member

7.05 and its pissing down and has been all day. in fact for days. Everything is knee deep in water and roads have great orange rivers over them. All the down hill bits will be rivers, the timber felling ruts will be knee deep and all the braken will have collapsed over the paths. Fantastic going. Having said that our regular Weds eve session will be without me tonight

armchairbiker

…and on that I'll give sploshing in mud a miss. think I'll be hitting the bar in the marriott in Bristol a bit earlier then tomorrow

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘any decent routes in forest of dean’ is closed to new replies.