Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any deals on 35mm tubeless tyres around?
  • yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Looking to get some new tyres for my bike as I’ve worn the current ones out but don’t want to spend TOO much.

Need something that will mostly be used on road or hardpack gravel, occasionally more off -road. So, fast rolling centre and some grip around the sides?

If they were skinwall too that would be nice.

Kamakazie

I have some some Bonty AW2 TLR which are good, if a bit on the heavy side. Only 32mm though.

Other options I looked at which can be found for similar money were:
    Panaracer Gravel King
    Schwalbe G-One Speed

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

https://www.merlincycles.com/panaracer-gravel-king-sk-700c-folding-road-tyre-90671.html £30

They size big, approx +10% width above model size.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I have a Schwalbe S-One (same as G-One Speed) on the back at the moment, in 30mm width.
    It’s good on road but I’d like something with more of a tread.

I do like the look of (and reviews) of the Gravel King SK, but would prefer to pay about £20 rather than £30 per tyre..?

joemmo
    Free Member

Just fitted a pair of 700×35 gravel kings and used them on my road/mud/gravel commute this morning & so far so good. Popped on the rims tubeless first time too. They sound like the tyre you want, I think you’ll struggle to find anything decent tubeless for £20 to be honest. FWIW got them from sigma sport and they came next day.
    voila

Kamakazie

How about a WTB Cross Boss? Bit cheaper again and goes up tubeless nice and easy.

Or you can buy one of my lightly used On One gravel road but it’s probably a bit wide.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Are they the SK ones?

joemmo
    Free Member

Yes, SK type. The Panaracer site is vague on their tubeless readiness but they have the right kind of bead and sealed up no problem.

househusband

Yes, SK type. The Panaracer site is vague on their tubeless readiness but they have the right kind of bead and sealed up no problem.

I’ve got the black SK’s in 32 and 35mm and AFAIK all the non-tanwall versions are tubeless – gather the newer tanwall versions might be different!

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Hmm, just got £30 in refund vouchers for something off of CRC…. that’s a tyre

joemmo
    Free Member

I’ve got the black SK’s in 32 and 35mm and AFAIK all the non-tanwall versions are tubeless – gather the newer tanwall versions might be different!

if you look at this https://www.panaracer.com/lineup/gravel.html it has the 35c tan wall SK in the ‘tubed’ variant only but read the blurb and it says ‘tubeless compatible up to 60 PSI’.
    The 38 and 43 are listed under TL compatible but also up to max 60 PSI… so basically, they are all ok tubeless. Phew.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any deals on 35mm tubeless tyres around?’ is closed to new replies.