Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any Dachshund owners? Toilet training issues
  • Ifrider
    Free Member

Thought I’d ask for some advice on here as of course it’s always helpful

timba
    Free Member

Get a lower toilet. You’re welcome 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

Get one with a lever instead of a push button . It’s easier for the dog to flush.

mrdobermann
    Free Member

We have two, it’s a breed that’s well known for indoor pissing!
    Dachshunds are a pretty smart dog and pretty darn difficult to train! Choose your method of toilet training and stick to it, time and patience will be rewarded.great breed but Dobermanns are much easier…

letmetalktomark

We have three. Two miniatures one standard. Of which one is a dog, the other two bitches.

I’m sure it will come as no surprise routine is key. They all have cast iron bladders and one needs to be given some encouragement to go outside – especially when wet, dark, late etc 🙂

They can be stubborn but persistence is key.

Importantly ….. got a pic?

Ifrider
    Free Member

Half of my post was missing that’ I’d originally written?? I had added it’s seven months old and a mini dog… we’ve 2 other dogs that were broken in a week ( beagle and lab) He’ll go to the door occasionally but sometimes he’ll even pee inside right in front of you when the back door is wide open??? Otherwise he’s an ace little dog but this is driving me mad

dovebiker

If you think a dachshund hold a lot of wee, you wanna try a basset hound – long body means there’s plenty of storage space. As he gets older, he’s less reluctant to go outside in the cold and wet, but when he goes he’ll stand there wizzing for ages 😕

Sandwich

Unable to give advice as there are no pics of the little blighter. I’m sorry thems the rules.

vongassit
    Free Member

Go on show us your weener!

Ifrider
    Free Member

Valleyboy123
    Free Member

Hi
    We’ve got two (wire hairs) trained one to use the back yard but it’s the only place he’ll go, took them to the beach today 2 hours in the sunshine got back home opened the back door for straight out for a pee, they’re renouned for being very stubborn. Great dogs tho!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any Dachshund owners? Toilet training issues’ is closed to new replies.