Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any CX/gravel bikes with 1 x setup for under a grand?
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I fancy a comfy roadie-ish bike for commutes and on/off-road winter use with a simple 1 x setup and disc brakes. Anything out there in this price range?

mick_r

There was a Boardman in Halfords last week for £900 which looked amazing value (hydro discs and full 10-42 cassette I think). Bit tight on mud clearance for proper CX racing but otherwise very good spec.

Edit – looks like it is back to £1000 now (but could get BC discount). Maybe some Easter weekend deals coming up?

Very few off the peg 1x CX come with that freehub and cassette.

shermer75
    Free Member
    PrinceJohn

You’ll be wanting a Genesis Day one with Nexus hub.

You can thank me after you purchase it and realise how good a decision you’ve made.

Murr
    Free Member

Raleigh mustang elite for that price , just picked one up recently and very happy with it , sram 1×11 disc brakes ,carbon forks .

benp1

Pinnacle arkose 2 2015

johnnystorm

Alpkit Sonder Camino Alloy coming soon.

Pics show a double but blurb say 1x and both the Ti models are.

https://www.alpkit.com/develop/sonder-camino-alloy-prototypes

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

or look at all the 2x bikes in that price range and budget 25 quid for a NW ring?

You don’t need a clutch mech on a CX/gravel/road bike so why limit your choices for the minimal cost and effort of removing 2 chain rings and fitting 1?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any CX/gravel bikes with 1 x setup for under a grand?’ is closed to new replies.