Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Any cool places to ride burton derby Lichfield area?
  • paulo6624
    Free Member

Looking for some different local spots I know a couple of places around foremark Area any where else that’s not top secret ?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Hopwas woods.?

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Robin Wood near Ticknall is good for a blast Paulo. I usually park at the Staff Of Life at Ticknall for a scoop afterwards. Google it, very easy to find. All the best.

BigJohn

Cannock Chase is where many locals head for.

I think Moderator Merlinman (Rob Fisk) did a write up of the Ticknall route in an old edition of the magazine.

paulo6624
    Free Member

Regurly ride Cannock thanks big john looking for those more unadvertised sweet spots,thanks rumbled I’m gonna have another blast at robins this week it was a bit muddy the first time I went.

Hopwas woods is a new one on me Neilson, is it easy enough to find ?

postierich
    Free Member

Doing a Hopwas woods ride this Tuesday 7pm from Lichfield if you want to tagalong Starting at the Sw tip of Whittington Golf course!

JustGoRide
    Free Member

Have a look here – JustGoRide.co.uk.

We have loads of routes around Derbyshire and plenty around Ticknall 🙂

paulo6624
    Free Member

hi rich that would be cool im actually at lee quarry this thursday, but if that doesnt happen im game, and if it does deffo next time.

justgoride thanks for that great site

paulo6624
    Free Member

gonna hit hopwas tommorow, thanks neilson

SidKillerest
    Free Member

Was up at Hopwas on saturday…. the trail fairies have been busy… lots of new trails, well worth a visit.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Not been up there for ages and it is literally on my doorstep. May have a mooch on Friday.

paulo6624
    Free Member

Sounds good, well I’ll be there tommorow I’ll be the guy on the bright orange on one, falling down any techy stuff as opposed to riding it.

paulo6624
    Free Member

So guys while were on a roll, any similiar places or totally different for that matter that warrant a visit let’s say within 30 miles of burton area

iain1775
    Free Member

Cademan woods and grace dieu area near Coalville, can link bits together with short quiet roads
    Shining cliff at ambergate and drum hill north of derby as well as the whole Crich Matlock area, black rocks etc
    They are my current local playgrounds, not massive but enough exploring for an hour or so
    Also Churnet valley at Alton, and as someone mentioned Robin woods at ticknall
    I’m derby always up for anything local, I’ve heard and seen hopwas but never been

vdubber67
    Free Member

Cademan woods and grace dieu area near Coalville, can link bits together with short quiet roads

+1 for this. If you’re willing to be a bit cheeky you can put a superb ride together round here. Can extend off towards Shepshed too…

paulo6624
    Free Member

iain thanks mate ive heard of shining cliff before but never ridden ill add that to my to do list, i visited black rocks as a kid /where is it exactly ?

iain1775
    Free Member

Black rocks is north of shining cliff, Cromford way
    Shining cliff and most places I mentioned are a bit cheeky though, I would say SC only in summer as it can get thrashed in wet weather and is a SSSI with very old habitat
    Was up there on friday trails looking good fair bit of work put in recently
    Drum hill (just north of derby, linkable w shining cliff via The Chevin) also had a few full face helmets there the other weekend
    I’ve pretty much given up on Cannock this year (riden both dog, monkey and ‘secret’ stuff there for years) as I’ve spent more time trying to explore the more local places, I’m really liking the stuff I mentioned above at mo for an evening blast as I can get an extra hours riding in rather thansitting inthe car driving
    The ticknall routes still feature too although i prefer that on my cross bike now

takisawa2

Shining Cliff & Ambergate are excellent, but you need a local really. I’ve ridden it a few times with locals & doubt I’d be able to find the same trails again on my own.

Hopwas Woods are like the twilight zone. 🙂

It depends what floats your boat, but there are a few bridleways aroubnd Lichfield & I enjoy an amble along these now & again. Theres a nice one goes from Hopwas over to Wall, that can be woven into a decent route with only minimal road bits.

paulo6624
    Free Member

Twilight zone as I’n getting lost?

ruffride
    Free Member

I’m from.Derby used to go robbins loads as a kid its all.abit flat now but ok live in swad now just sold my dh bike an built hardtail to get fit again goin crime here sat never done. Local loops only drove to robbins or formark any.one out sat that knows some good stuff so I can tag along

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Any cool places to ride burton derby Lichfield area?’ is closed to new replies.