Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any Chromecast experts around please?
  • cinnamon_girl

All worked fine until the Chromecast app changed to a Home app. I’ve downloaded a Channel 5 app but it doesn’t appear amongst i-player/more 4 that I use and access from the Home app. There’s no other way to get the cast icon, afaik.

Thanks you clever people!

Cougar

Oh is that where the Home app came from? I spotted it the other day, didn’t make the connection.

Can’t you cast directly from within Home? I saw icons for things like iPlayer inside it when I looked (briefly).

cinnamon_girl

It confused me I can tell you Cougar!!

Using Home takes me to loads of rubbish but beneath is the app for i-player and more4. The app for Channel5 stays in apps. I need it moved to join the others.

It was oh so easy when it was Chromecast.

Cougar

Oh yeah, I’ve just looked. “Home” just seems to be, well, advertising, the casting still looks to be using standalone apps.

Can you not just run the C5 app from the app drawer / desktop like any other app and then cast from there, rather than going through Home?

I don’t think I’ve used the actual Chromecast app once, other than to set up the initial connection when I bought it. Beyond that I don’t believe you actually need it at all.

cinnamon_girl

I can’t see any other way of finding the cast icon. Shall keep searching.

Thanks for your help though. 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Panic over, just found it on Ch5 website and it can’t be done and they have no plans either. Boo.

blitz

I once ‘lost’ the cast icon from the tune in radio app. It was there previously and then one day it just wasn’t. Deleted the app, re-downloaded it and then the cast icon was back. Maybe try that and see if works? If it’s a compatible app it should have a icon I imagine?

Edit: too slow. Shame.

miketually
    Free Member

Panic over, just found it on Ch5 website and it can’t be done and they have no plans either. Boo.

Play it on your phone and mirror the screen to the Chromecast? Obviously, you can’t use your phone for anything else, but better than nothing?

cinnamon_girl

Shall investigate that miketually, thanks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any Chromecast experts around please?’ is closed to new replies.