Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any builders in please,pointing question.
  • shreck
    Free Member

Had a quote of just under £1800 for the front of my terraced house,is this a good price?the postcode is ol146nd for google maps which is what the builder used for questing off ratedpeople.com. And any builders in the Todmorden area want to do the job give me a shout.

wrightyson
    Free Member

😯 😯
    Do you live in a row of terraces?
    Its a shitty dusty job admittedly but the main requirements to proceed with it are a 4″ grinder and some discs, then sand and cement. Has he allowed for scaffold in the price?
    Even if it took one man two whole weeks (which it won’t) its nice work if you can get it!

brassneck

I wouldn’t pay that for my detached house in the south east. I think he’s saying he doesn’t want the work.

OrmanCheep
    Free Member

I don’t know how hard the existing mortar is, but a really strong mix will need pretty expensive discs, and can take a while. Any you may need scaffolding with curtains (and insurance) because of pedestrians / nearby cars.

However, that price seems expensive for just the front. It’s stone built too, so much less pointing/sq meter than 9″ brick.

I’d try and get a couple more quotes if I were you.

Get them to specify how deep they will be grinding out, too. Last thing you want is a shallow grind, as the mortar will pop out again at the nearest opportunity.

shreck
    Free Member

brassneck – Member
    I wouldn’t pay that for my detached house in the south east. I think he’s saying he doesn’t want the work.

He contacted me after I put the job on rated people.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Probably hoping that his cheeky response to a lazy price request via the internet is just accepted.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any builders in please,pointing question.’ is closed to new replies.