Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any builders able to answer a quick question?!
  • andypandy85
    Free Member

Our kitchen floor is a suspended timber floor, and when the washing machine spins, the whole kitchen vibrates, A LOT! (Everything on the worktops bounces about, stuff on the draining board rattles like mad etc). Is it possible to “reinforce” the floor to prevent/reduce this?

If so and you’re in West Lothian I may have a job for you!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Just sit on top of your washer when it’s on the spin cycle.

bruneep

Have the transit bolts been taken out?

alanl
    Free Member

My daughters does the same.
    The only cure is to build up 2 solid pillars under where the washing machine sits (or in that area).
    Flooring up, then floorboards up,then some big lumps of wood to support it. It isnt too bad a job, a day at most.

andypandy85
    Free Member

David, my missus offered to do that, no idea why!

Bruneep, aye the bolts were taken out when I plumbed it in. We’ve been persevering with it but now looking at getting a new kitchen so want to get it sorted.

Alan, I suspected something like that would be a possible solution. Has it made a big difference for your daughter?

sharkbait
    Free Member

It’s not touching anything either side is it? Ours walks around when spinning and ends up leaning against the wall or the tumble drier and then everybody can hear it!

sandboy

Take up the flooring and fixing strutting between the joists will stiffen up the whole structure and reduce the shaking. There are 2 options, solid or herringbone strutting both easy for a reasonably competent DIYer.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Relocate it to a bathroom or utility?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any builders able to answer a quick question?!’ is closed to new replies.