Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any biking in / through the woods north of Oxshott?
  • ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Am likely to be doing leatherhead -> Hampton commute and I drive the rough route currently and the drive goes through some nice olde english woods between esher and oxshott, anybody know if theres any cut throughs there? or if its worth using the BW's in there? Or is it all horses and 'ger orff my land'?

aP
    Free Member

You can go off road across Littleworth Common from Claygate to the Cafe Rouge at the bottom of the hill from Esher.

steve_b77
    Free Member

So you've move down then?

Sounds more senic than my commute, although that'll change next week to include Finsbury Park, Regents Park and Hyde Park to get down to Victoria

jond
    Free Member

Have a look at the satellite view on google maps wrt the following.

As mentioned, there's the Littleworth Common cut-through – along Littleworth Rd/Arbrook Lane (pretty quiet iirc). From there you can cut south towards that cleared section this sits either side of the A244 just north of the A3 – there's a crossing point marked there for horseriders.

Cross the A244 and continue along that clearing, the path continues west and slightly south rising up a banking (you can see it clearly on the sat. image). That turns south to reach the footbridge over the A3 (the first one west of the A244/A3 junction). You can pretty much carry on south from there, after that my recollection's a bit hazy but you'll cross Sandy Lane and carry one southish whichever way you need to. The spot just NW of Oxshot station is a big clearance on the hillside (station's the low end) – there's fast run down the hill to the west of that, or a flight of wooden steps to the east side.
    The sandy coloured area nr the junction of Sandy Lane and Warren Lane is a big sandy-ish bombholes kinda thing (rooty 'round one side), south of that (going towards that hillside clearing) are – or used to be a few years ago – some jumps.
    There's a few pleasant (tho' not awfully exciting) little routes 'round there but I'm blowed if I can remember quite where they are.

BTW – there was a load of tree clearance scheduled in that general area, so what's shown on the satellite image may well not be there now.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I have a nice little route there but its hard to describe might be able to show you though PM me. I'm in Molesey.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

steve – now there 3 days a week. So getting closer.

Thanks to all, will check these routes out and jools might take you up on that, yer not far from where I'll be.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any biking in / through the woods north of Oxshott?’ is closed to new replies.