Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any architects (or similar) on here? (not asking for advice)
  • AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

I am also an architect, well not done the Part 3 yet so don’t shoot me for saying that, and was just interested to know who else on here is an architect and what sort of things you do.

So who’s an architect, where about in the country or world do you practice (could even tell me which architecture firm you work for if you fancy) and what sort of things do you work on? Oh and while you’re at it you might as well tell me which bike you ride too 8)

aP
    Free Member

I’ve been registered for nearly 20 years. I mostly do transport infrastructure – railway stations, tube stations, associated structures etc. Combinations of work on both existing (inc Listed Buildings) and new buildings, as well as shoehorning new stuff in and around existing other infrastructure. London based. although increasingly working outside the M25…

Yak

I’m freelancing work-from-home architect. Residential, some commercial, masterplanning, urban design and anything that fits between a domestic extension and an urban extension. Work in the SE and NW mostly.

GrunkaLunka
    Free Member

Based in London and working on schools. Rewarding when it all works and you can game the system, bloody frustrating when it’s underfunded and poorly planned. Every now and then a gem pops up which keeps you going!

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

well, i did my part 1 – but moved more into the Technician side.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

I’m an architect in Dundee and have done everything from garage conversions to master planning and exhibition design in the past 10 years. Changing career in August though and training to be a teacher of design and technology.

Bikes are cannondale caadx, van nicholas chinook and bargain cannondale trigger of course.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any architects (or similar) on here? (not asking for advice)’ is closed to new replies.